Long weekend adventures

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
I'll be driving the 'race' K11 down to the Great Ocean Road via the Great Alpine Road. Trip plan is heading from Canberra to Wangaratta, going across the mountains via the Great Alpine Road past Mt Hotham to the coast (Lakes Entrance), from the coast through Melbourne to Warnambool, and then on to Geelong via the Great Ocean Road. From Geelong back we will be using the Hume for some relaxing of the arms.

All in all it should be approximatly 2300km, and will take 4 days. Ill try take some pretty k11 pictures along the way. If anyone sees a motley coloured LX with ACT plates, give me a wave!

Any one else got any k11 related plans for the coming long weekend?

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Good plan! My missus lives and goes to uni down in Warnambool, some nice coastal roads all around there. Too bad I'm in Perth at the moment, or I would have joined you for a leg of the journey.

CMF_Seb

» CMF Member
K11 long road trips are awesome, I've done more than 2000KM last summer. Just keep in mind to bear extra pillows because standart seats are not that comfy and quickly hurts your back.

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
sounds like a great trip mate.

i live near bairnsdale (where princes hwy and alpine road meet), but im in melb for the week end, you could have stopped in otherwise.

there have been heaps of road closures down that way mate. the hwy was closed near orbost for atleast a day this week, and there have been heaps of flooded roads too. never mind the fact there may be snow up on the alpine road.

check out the vicroads website, they seem to be pretty good with the road closures.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
thanks for the tips woohoo, I'm prepared for a little snow but floods dont sound like fun. Ill ckeck out the site to find out

and seb, no worries for me ive swapped the seat for a fixed back bucket...

Back