CMF Members make Japanese Magazine

cisco

» CMF Member
How funny is this.

I was just reading through one of the Japanese magazines I got last year (Compact Car Style - August 2005), and I was so surprised to find these little photos staring me in the face of CMF members at our meets. I'd never noticed this before - sorry guys! Heh, only had the magazine sitting here for 4 months or so.

Check it out: http://www.micra.com.au/photos/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=0

In the Melbourne dinner photo I can spot (Its clearer in the paper original): Alpine Micra (Craig), Mike/Speedy from OzEcho, Aaron (evade), White Knight and Tam, Mipcar and Donita, Matty (Jamming), GeoffW, and S-Shortcake.

Alex B is standing with Reverb in the second photo checking out REVERB at the Canberra meet.

And Henry (M5) and his mate from Sydney, and another couple are checking out blue monster in the last one again at the Canberra meet.

I sent the URL of the micra meets pages to one of the Editor guys of this magazine a LONG time again, and I emailed him a couple of the Canberra photos, so that must be how he got this mix of photos. Cool HUH.

Well done members!

cisco

» CMF Member
I can't read much.

But the main title bit is about Compact Car Owners Clubs, it says "because of very..".

There's some stuff in there about modifications and the web sites of the owners etc. That's the extent to my reading :) I think its just going on about the compact car scene and all the clubs.

We need Meatpie. He knows 800 kanji or something. Where are ya! If not, I can ask my Japanese friend at work next week.

CMF_2

» CMF Member
There's nothing about march k11 in there....just an article about car club and what it is,how it work..etc.......i guess must be someone from the japan meeting 2005 works for the magazine and must be one of your japanese friend cisco!! Find out who?? and maybe ask him to write an article about us here!!! :D hehehe~~~

cisco

» CMF Member
Awesome 2,

The guy I sent the photos to showed up at the March meet in Kanagawa. He was a magazine editor working for Hyper REV / REVSpeed I think, which I think have something to do with Compact Car Style magazine. I have his business card and email address somewhere.

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
great work Cisco!, fantastic to have that o/s coverage, that is definately my bald head in the last photo, would be great to have another meet in the Canberra/Sydney vicinity at some stage.

cisco

» CMF Member
Totally agree M5.

I'm also keen to have a decent meet again down this way sometime.

But I'm also keen to drive somewhere to a meet not close to my house when I get the car back. I'm up for an adventure.

I certainly owe QLD a visit after all the QLDers have made so much effort in travelling South. Also keen to hook up in Melb again.

I also reckon that the Newcastle meet was just great. Some nice cruising around to be had up there. Another Newcastle meet on a Sunday would be just perfect one day. Because about 200 jabba cars are all parked in at the harbour foreshore, the perfect funny place for 10+ modified micras to parade on through the middle of them. haha.

Back