locks and keys

richarda

Ex. Club Member
following on from my other post ive managed to get ahold of the full locks (ignition, doors and boot) 1.3 ecu with nats and 2 x keys.

what would be easier to do, change all the locks over or the chips in the keys? ive never changed locks before or anything nor the chips in the keys.

so how would i go about changing the chips in the keys? as to me this is the easiest way than changing all the locks.

also is changing the locks hard?

any ideas etc would be greatful

thanks

You could just changethe ignition barrel and havetwo keys, otherwise locks are a bit fiddly to change, no idea about chips and keys, sounds like it couild easily go qworng to me

ahh craig dont say things like that lol.

may just do ignition and have 2 keys. so would need 4 keys in total 2 spares for locks and ignition that sound like a better idea craig?

i've already had to do this as my ignition barrel broke, but changing the locks is pretty easy, hardest part is getting the little clips off that hold the lock in place, your better using a pair of longnose pliers for that, but i found that when i changed the ecu and barrel the key (all from another micra) didn't work, the immobiliser still kicked in, i've had to take the ariel (in the cowling) off and tape my original key to it and still use my original ecu then get a new key cut which doesn't have a chip in it so it doesn't confuse the ecu, its worked fine ever since

i've already had to do this as my ignition barrel broke, but changing the locks is pretty easy, hardest part is getting the little clips off that hold the lock in place, your better using a pair of longnose pliers for that, but i found that when i changed the ecu and barrel the key (all from another micra) didn't work, the immobiliser still kicked in, i've had to take the ariel (in the cowling) off and tape my original key to it and still use my original ecu then get a new key cut which doesn't have a chip in it so it doesn't confuse the ecu, its worked fine ever since

i know its a cheaters way of doing it, but hey it works

Back