Changing Locks

CMF_crumpets

» CMF Member
Anyone changed all the locks within their Micra?

Having issues with barrells of drivers side and passenger side locks (as well as key lock over petrol tank) regardless of key used.

Is it worth sourcing all 5 locks (both doors, boot, petrol cap and ignition barrel) from wreckers or is it possible to have them repaired?

Never done anything like this in the past

crumpets WROTE:

"Anyone changed all the locks within their Micra?<BR><BR>Having issues with barrells of drivers side and passenger side locks (as well as key lock over petrol tank) regardless of key used.<BR><BR>Is it worth sourcing all 5 locks (both doors, boot, petrol cap and ignition barrel) from wreckers or is it possible to have them repaired? <BR><BR>Never done anything like this in the past

yes. a locksmith will be able to re-key them.

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

Try spraying some Selleys RP7 stuff in them and then unlock/lock a few times..
I have havent done it myself but Ive seen someone do it and it made them heaps better.

qwerty132

CMF_xsoarerx

» CMF Member
would that stuff work if...

i bent my car key, dont have a spare so i bent it back as best i could, got another key cut off it. this key opens the doors with a slight bit of jiggling but wont turn the ignition at all.

what ya reckon?

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
littlebear WROTE:

"I have always used graphite powder.

Yer thats what I told him to use but rp7 was the nearest stuff available at the time...
Plus rp7 wont make a mess/ you key gets dirty each time til it works the powder through. lol

Back