little help please.

A

adam-d

this is my sister car, and it goes like this

was giving poor performance and cutting out at junctions from what ive been told
and was difficut to start
then just refused to

i have fitted a new batterey and plugs, and it eventually started
ive been driving it last few days and it seems to randomly have a poor idle and occasionly misfire, i guess the leads are original so will change them then look to other causes,
ive read on here about soldering the throttle body,?? what does that entail?

car is a 1.0 16v as far as im aware and had a full service, all fluids and filters changed about 5 month ago

cheers

Before doing anything with the throttle body.....check the points on the inside of the distributor, if they are original leads....get them changed, take out the spark plugs and make sure they're of decent condition.

The throttle body resoldering is an easy job and can be done on the car quite easily, hardest bit is removing the 10 year old silicon seal!!!

I managed to pick up a throttle body from the scrap yard for £20 so that might be a better option. If you want to see what is entailed in the throttle body resoldering, check out ciscos website at www.micra.com.au which has a full PDF document on how to do it. But wouldn't bother until you check the ignition system (plugs, leads, dizzy) !!

i wasn't aware it had a dizzy of such? i thought it was a coil pack?

i may be wrong, well probably am, ill go look.

What year is it??

If it's 2000-2002 it will have coil packs
If it is this model then the throttle body is different as well!!

EDIT: Beat me to it Jimbo!!!!

I have the 1L 16v pre-facelift micra and it did something very similar, it was because I had driven in really heavy rain and the distributor had gotten damp or wet. Also for some unknown reason one of the spark plugs was wet so I got them all replaced, I think maybe at some point a HT lead had lost it's seal? But after that it's been fine, even in the rain.

Back