Lights don't work

i spoke to a mechanic/friend of the family...he said that micras occasionally have wiring difficulties in the back because of the boot opening and closing?? eventually the wires get worn and snap??

Explains why those three don't work. They're all connected to the boot. Sneak a peak at the wiring and just give it a check, and then check the fuses.

the fuses are by the steering wheel? but which one? will it say and how will i no its its a ####ed fuse??

check fuses and earth possibly? They all plug in on drivers side by where the bulbs are iirc.

the fuses are by the steering wheel? but which one? will it say and how will i no its its a ####ed fuse??

fuses are seethrough, take each one out and check for a brake in it, on inside of cover is says which fuse is which aswell.

ok ive looked and it aint the fuses...in the boot ive taken the metal plate off to unbolt the boot handle off to spray it. i havent put it back on yet. that is what covers all the mechanism for the wiper and shiz? it must be som,ething electrical in the back but i aint got a clue where to start??

Just on the note of fuses (not sure if it's worth making a new thread) but all common Poundworld / Poundland stores do a box of 50 assorted car fuses ranging anywhere up to 25 / 30amp I believe.

Nice new fuses instead of taxing the scrappy ones and risking their stereotypical bulldog being set on you.

ive just realised something lol...my wiper is sitting flat? dont most people mod there motor to get it to sit flat?

Red circles: black pipe things, they take all the wiring and washer pipe. The wires tend to snap in or around there, a common fault on a majority of cars.
kanagawa05-017.jpg

That will be the problem, although fuses could of blown as a result of that or the bulb could have also died.

how would i fix a snap??

Lengthen then either resolder or use electrical joiners.

They also all run off of seperate fuses, third brake light runs off of the brake light fuse, number plate runs off of the side lights fues and rear wiper i think is on its own.

take a testing screwdriver and search for 12v. begin from the fuses, then take to rear and begin from the circles whipit showed you and reach at the bottom at the end. the cut shall be find

the earth connection should be common for all electric things at the rear

there is a set of connectors behind the trim on the right hand side in the boot. peel back the carpet that you would normally move to change a rear light there is some wiring there. check that the cables haven't come loose

I had a problem with my lights, my rear ones and side lights wasn't working after my mate wired up my sub n amp, didn't realise back lights wasnt working and got pulled by cops who luckily let me off, when i got in i took the centre ot the dash out because i had no radio keys and he had wired the lights to the earth of the headunit, so i just rewired the headunit to the bottom of the dash and covered the end of the light cable and they work perfectly now, when i took it to a garage they said that its a pretty common fault for micras lights etc to stop working as the wires are at the top of the boot and tend to snap easily

Back