lightened flywheel, thicker clutch?

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
hey chaps

question for you i guess bob, am i right in assuming with the lightened flywheel as its nearly half the thickness i can fit a thicker clutch to it? for example a k11 1.3 one? as im pretty sure the clutch housing for the k11 is identical only the 1.3 plate is thicker.

i know that the 1.0 clutch kits for the k11 fit the k10 so im reckoning its the same for the 1.3 kits with a thinner flywheel

all the machining is taken off the back of the flywheel not the clutch side,i would try and fit an uprated pressure plate, new or uprated clutch plates help bt it the pressure plate that stops the clutch from slipping

ok bob thanks for that, do you have a particular brand of clutch you uprate with? i often thought using a k11 uprated clutch for the 1.0 cg10 would be the best bet as they are the same size dimmension and should fit the ma10/12.

ok bob thanks for that, do you have a particular brand of clutch you uprate with? i often thought using a k11 uprated clutch for the 1.0 cg10 would be the best bet as they are the same size dimmension and should fit the ma10/12.

The only K11 CG uprated clutches I've seen are for the CG13's

nismo do an uprated clutch for the cg10 ;) which would fit the k10. something amy could no doubt get hold of

Only the early 1.0 K11 clutches are the same as a K10. The is little hope in fitting a 1.3 K11 clutch to the K10 they are totally different and the splines are also different.

When you skim a flywheel you dont need thicker clutches the whole faces moves back fractionally, it makes no difference at all.

ah ok ive never really got into the tech side of flywheels and that so i wasnt really sure thats for clearing it up chaps ill add it to the old noodle :)

HOW MUCH!! Thats an absolute fortune! You can get custom rebuilt ones for less than half that.

Can anyone confirm if the super turbo clutch is the same fitment as the regular k10? Let me know and i'll see what i can find.

A quick search has revealed,

ek10
Genuine
Nismo
Exedy sport

K10
Genuine
Exedy sport

cg10
Genuine
exedy sport

super turbo isnt the same as far as im aware its similar to the k11 1.3 clutch as i believe thats what ed uses.

what sort of prices are they Amy?

cheers

the Exedy is about £110 plus shipping, so around £150 all in give or take a bit depending on exact weight, you would be better off sourcing one in this country. If the ST disc will fit I can get them easily. i'll keep looking for more, but to be honest even though the k10 clutch is tiny i have never had problems with it slipping.

i have lots of other bits an pieces goin on the engine and ive already managed to over heat a standard one and there is alot more to come just id rather do it with up-rated than find i need one and have to do the job all over again

I can get you one no problem, the exedy uses a full face organic disc, it's rather similar to stock, so I'll leave that decision up to you. I'll have a good look tomorrow and see if i can find anything a bit hotter. If you are pushing a lot more power I would look in to a different, larger flywheel/clutch combo. I'll see what i can find.

Since all your really after is uprated spring plates this can be done in the UK for a much smaller cost than importing one :)

Back