LED Rear Lights Guide

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
I know a few are non members who bought these and they should become members :D haha

My guide taken from K11 DIY Guides section...

Well ill do this guide for K11 PREFACELIFT and Facelift (2 versions)

First of all i am replacing these standard (tinted) rear clusters.

You need to change the wiring on the LED lights.

How do i explain this.. I will do a vid later on! Explain it best as i can anyway :)

To do this you need to take each pin out of the connector block. Take the connector block off the LED lights housing. There are like clips on the connector on both sides. Open these up and they should move away from the connector. You now need a small screwdriver to press one side of the connector where the blades are. Push the cables in then out and eventually they come out.

The Wiring arrangements go like this..
Prefacelift

Facelift (Thanks to 59bhp for this)

I pulled back the carpet and unscrewed the 3 nuts.
THen use a heat gun to heat the black water sealent and they use either a wood chisel (i used one) or a big flat screwdriver and get it right in the water sealent and prise the light out. Its a bit hard at first but does come out.

Keep pulling where the screws are and you will eventually get it off.

When light is off try and get as much of the water sealent off the old light as possible and put back in the shape of the light.. Reheat it all and get the LED lights, Align the screws with holes and press the light into posistion. Keep it there for about 2 mins then put the nuts on or get a mate to put the nuts on while pressing it. Connect the power clip to the light unit and voila! Jobs done!

Repeat for other side.

THANKS ALOT ANDY!!! no wonder i couldnt find it lol if it was for "main members" only.

just one question:
"59bhp" did the colour diagram for the "facelift", but arnt they the same colours for the "pre-face lift"? i had a look yestday and from memory (might be wrong lol) that they are the same colours. they must be because we all got the same lights?
cheers
napster

they are but they need to go in the diff posistions in the black and white drawing. :)

seems like facelift and prefacelift have diff wiring arrangments at the loom side of the connector so you have to change to suit.

So the top picture is what the wiring currently is on a prefacelift connector? And it should look like the bottom picture?

Back