leaks and "lurching"

esha

Ex. Club Member
hi all im looking for some advice with my k11, ive got a factory fitted sunroof which has been leaking for a while, i've silicone sealed the inner black seal and this has sorted most of the problem, but am still getting some water through, where else could water be getting in?
Also having a problem with the car lurching, when I'm in third and let of the power (to go over a speedbump say) the car lurches rather than slowing down smoothly, and the same when speeding back up again till i reach 30, its the same through second and fourth but not as noticeable in fourth, any ideas as to what this could be? someone has suggested to me i add some cleaner to my fuel and replace the fuel filter, would this solve the problem or could it be something more serious?

Most likely leaking from the front windscreen. Where is the water?
Do a search I think it's prone around the lower part on the passenger side.

With regards to your other question, changing the fuel filter might be a good idea. When was the car last serviced?

Thanks for the quick reply, water is showing through above the passenger side window and also at the top of the windscreen pillar, i do park on a downward slope so this could be a reason as to why the water shows there but still not sure.
As regards to servicing i have absolutely no idea, i have only just bought the car from a dealer, at the time with a week old mot but very little service history, and as its done 149,000 i expect it probably hasnt been changed for quite some time. so hopefully i may notice an improvement after doing that but i was a little worried that this may be a sign of some deeper issue

Most likely it just needs a service, change all filters, fuel, air and oil.
Then see how things go.

my car used to be not serviced, and slug and start to die, give it a service, put good oil in it, and it comes alive again.

well, got myself a new fuel filter (£7.00) and an additive that cleans the injectors (£5.00) and it seems to have done it the world of good, no longer hesitant when i try to accelerate, the lurching has gone, and the engine seems to run a whole lot more quietly, fingers crossed nothing else will go now.
Just the outer cv joint to do next and i should have a nice running car again!
Thanks for the views on this one guys.

Just wanted to bring this thread back to life, see if you guys have any other ideas, although changing the filter and using an additive worked for a while the lurching has come back with a vengeance.
To be a bit more specific its always at low revs, around or just sbove the 2k range, its almost like its trying to stall but im never going slow enough for it to stall, also just recently i have had probs pulling away when the engine is cold, no power at first then too much.
I have had a few suggestion, like poss the clutch cos i know thats on the way out, or mayb a blockage in the fuel line or dodgy ht leads, any other ideas would be gratefully received! Its getting a bit embarassin drivin in traffic cos it looks like i cant drive!

I'd check the condition of the spark plugs. Have they been done recently?
Also HT leads, one way i've been told to check them is to feel them, if they are all loose and bendy/flexible then they are all good, if they are quite rigid they are rubbish and need replacing.

esha

it sounds like you,ve got a missfire at low revs, throttle body re-solder ? or plug,s or dizzy ?

esha

it sounds like you,ve got a missfire at low revs, throttle body re-solder ? or plug,s or dizzy ?

Thats one thing I forgot, check the dizzy cap and rotary arm.

I'd leave the TB re-solder until after checking ignition components, you could however check the TB with a multi-meter. Can't remember exactly what needs to be tested but it's explained in the Haynes Manual, you check the voltage on 2 pins, and the resistance on another 2. Just can't remember which.

Spark plugs have just been done, apart from looking rusty (which i thought quite strange) they were in fairly good nick apart from blatently needing to be done as they were at the end of their life. My local mechanic who always gets tyres from us suggested the HT leads so i might get a new set, and i did think about the dizzy being a problem too so might do that at the same time.
If it is a missfire at low revs would this cure it or as said before would i have to look at the throttle bodies, cos thats something i really have no idea about and dont wana mess around too much with what i dont understand!

The throttle body (TB) is a common problem with the K11. It usually happens to a K11 at some point in its life. The joint within the TB just becomes a dry joint with a poor or no connection to the MAF (mass air flow) sensor. The engine struggles reading how much air is coming in and can not control the fuel correctly.

The common fix is to remove the panel off the side of the TB and re solder the connections, nothing special, either hold a soldering iron on the joints to re-solder the solder on there. Or remove the solder on there and re-solder them with new solder. This can be done on the car with the air box removed, or the TB can be removed (4 bolts, 3 hoses and the throttle cable being unclipped) you will lose half the contents of your cooling system though.

There is a full run down on ciscos micra.com.au site.

Legendary, thanks for the info! Ive got a new dizzy and spark plugs coming to me today so ill see if that cures the problem, if not ill have to look at doin the T/Bs.
Its fairly straightforward to get to the side of the t/b in situ then? I know a friend whos a dab hand at soldering so can get that done fairly easily, will let you know how i get on! Thanks again guys!

Back