Leak near rear passenger wheel.

Hey guys, I've had this problem on and off for maybe the last month or so. There's a drip from the rear passenger wheel, I'd noticed the kerb outside the house having the odd stain, but whenever I checked I couldn't find anything.
I've gone outside today (the car hasn't been used since yesterday) and seen this:
10400031_390423291147003_6160876051268311634_n.jpg

The leak is dripping along the route I've drawn the arrows. Would any mechanical types know of the likely cause? If I put my thinking cap on i'd guess...break fluid!

Added a video too (please ignore the phone ringing in the background):

Last edited:
As its dripping from the fuel filler / breather pipe i'd be giving it a good look over. If its a fuel leak you wanna sort it asap. :)

Just back from the garage, the guy couldn't bring it in and raise it up, as they were welding in there, so it was only a brief look. He asked when I last filled it up; I brimmed it yesterday afternoon.
He said that the actual pipe had started to corrode, so that if it's brimmed, any petrol left in the top half of the pipe nearest the filler cap will seep through.
His advice was simply to never fill it more than 3/4 at a time. It hasn't been leaking for the last hour or two, which would support his theory...does this seem sound to everyone?

He asked when I last filled it up; I brimmed it yesterday afternoon.

Yeah it'll be that if you've put as much as possible in. Swapping it over for a new one isn't very hard to do providing you can source a decent condition one to start with. Depending how bad the corrosion is you could also be loosing some when you're filling up.

It is a common fault though. :)

Back