Chairman - Annoucement!

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to inform you all, that with regret I will be standing down as Chairman of the Micra Sports Club and James will be taking over my position within the next few weeks.

We intended for this change to happen sooner, but unfortunately since returning from JAE, I have been unwell for a few months and just started to get back on my feet with getting things organised again, hence things aren't really happening much on the forums.

The main reason for my decision, for the last 12-18 months I have been dealing with a severe RSI injury on my wrist and arm which has made devoting any reasonable amount of time to the MSC very difficult. In the interests of the both myself and the club, I feel the best way forward is for me to step down from my position of Chairman.

By reducing my workload and computer work gives me the best possible chance of sorting this out in the long term. I will of course still be here advising James where required along with Ed as we take the club forward, now under James's control at the helm.

I would like to take this opportunity in thanking all the Moderating team for your efforts while I've been here as Chairman, I really appreciate it.

-James, for your continued tech and admin support, without you this forum wouldn't be half what it is today! You've done a superb job with the new forum software and I'm sure you'll take on the position of chairmain no problem at all.

- Ed, for allowing me over the last 8-10 years to run the club as best as I saw fit in moving it forward to where it is today. It seems so long ago when we both joined up to create the MSC from MMN. Where has the time gone!?!?!

And of course you the members for your continued support to the club and forum, ensuring this is the only place to be for all things Micra! Over the years I have met some great people (too many mention) from all over the UK and Europe, enjoying many car shows with you all, no more so then JAE just gone in 2012! I intend to be in a Japanese car for next year's JAE and events, just finding the right one, yes I'm very picky! lol

I would really appreciate your understanding and patience while we get things moved over and we shall of course try and make the transition as smooth as possible....Many thanks

Kind Regards
Kev Challis

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Thanks for all the hard work to all the heads of the club. This is without a doubt the best car club I've been involved with.

Hope you recover smoothly, Kev! And congrats to James who I know will do a wicked job.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Thank you to both of you ! Wishing you a solid recovering Kev. Lets keep on running Micra love ! No calendar this year James?

James

Chairman
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys :) If I can run this club half as well as Kev has I'll be happy :)

I'd just like to wish Kev all the best with his future projects, I know he's been battling away with his RSI injury, but with Pro Cut going from strength to strength I look forward to seeing how far you can take it!

Your contribution to the club has been amazing, and I must admit to feeling a tad nervous that I've got such a big example to follow, it's a bit like playing a game of tennis after Roger Federer! Nevertheless, I shall strive to push the club forward even further, and I already have a few plans for the club in 2013 which should make things better!

Anyway, this thread isn't about me, it's about you, so from myself, and everyone at the MSC, allow me to say a great big THANK YOU and to wish you all the best for the future!

See you at JAE! ;)

James.

PS: Seb, I'll look into the calendar situation, but deadlines are uber tight. I'll get back to you :)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Just wanted to add my thanks to you Kev for your work over the last few years.

You have done a fine job proven by the fact I managed and was able to keep well out of your way and the club is still going strong as a result. I'll make this clear as I did back then, it was a TOUGH decision to hand over the running of the club to you, but I had faith in your commitment to the club, and you never let me down. You will forever remain a big part of the MSC, and god knows how many Micra owners out there we have help as a result!

So as James said above thanks very much for all your hard work, and best wishes for the future!