Anybody obsessively keep receipts?

was thinking about this earlier, when I was trying to work out how much my car has cost me over the years

Anyone here owned their car for X number of years and have all the receipts for the work done on it and the parts fitted, servicing etc?

Be interesting to work out the average cost per year over 10 years. Be even more interesting if you know how many miles you've done since buying it and you could work out how much each mile costs in maintenance

My dad doesn't keep any paperwork but kept a running tally of how much his 2000 CR-V had cost him in parts over the years. He bought it for a few hundred, put a few 'fresh' tyres, a few suspension parts and obviously oil, filters etc totalling a few hundred quid over the course of 5 years and 70,000 more miles. Then an Audi helpfully rear-ended him, wrecking the Audi and lightly damaging the Honda's bumper . Being 20 years old, the insurer wanted to write off the Honda too, so my dad bought the salvage. They payed him out £600 (!) and charged £60 for the salvage so, in essence, those 5 years and 70,000 miles have cost him naught but the fuel!

Bangernomics ftw

ETA: the accident was genuine and entirely the fault of the driver behind. No foul play here

Back