Lamba sensor

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Quick question concerning these im in the middle of converting my coilpack to none coilpack could i still use the lamba sensor thats in the coilpack manifold if i cut and solder new plug on to it or are they different voltage than the none coilpack type ie. 2002 car with 95 looms and running gear installed.

dont know i havent looked to be honest, i was going to get one today from scrappy but was unable to free it off. sods law ive just given full manifold and front pipe away and now im in need of one, you have to laugh on the plus side ive got all the looms and clocks including central locking actuators to do my conversion from coilpack to pre coilpack, I might sell central locking actuators though will see how it fairs.. If i get lamba sensor for the loom im using will it fit the 2002 manifold even more to the point will the 2002 manifold fit the 96 1.3 engine im using.

ken, i think it,s just an extra earth (plug will be different tho eh) and i think they are the same voltage 0-1v, and i think it,s only the widebands that are the 5v ones :)
edit, the coilpacks have a single (longer) cat and a different downpipe eh

widebands lost me there maybe easier if i just get the correct one for the job i think back in the day i didnt have all this trouble just a dirty carb or knackerd points, some times the coil ho hum god it was easy then

widebands lost me there maybe easier if i just get the correct one for the job i think back in the day i didnt have all this trouble just a dirty carb or knackerd points, some times the coil ho hum god it was easy then

lol, yeh, progress eh :suspect: (i did an edit that you might have missed btw)

it is a 998cc coilpack at the moment but im changing it to a non coilpack cga3de.
so frank is the manifold and front exhaust none transferable then, maybe best just getting another from scrappy

it is a 998cc coilpack at the moment but im changing it to a non coilpack cga3de.
so frank is the manifold and front exhaust none transferable then, maybe best just getting another from scrappy

ken, it,ll fit the head, yeh, but the coilpack manifold (the cast bit) is a bit shorter, the cat is a lot longer and the vertical part of the downpipe is a lot shorter (with an extra lambda attached) :)

so if i just replace the top lambda sensor for the correct one and forget about the one lower down or vice versa it should work okay, the 2nd cat would be removed in any case if i can find my jig to make new section (forget where i put it) I was going to buy a 4 branch but as things are tight at the moment it will have to wait. and if i ask as many questions as i can before i change over then it should go without a hitch (famous last words) I wonder frank has anyone else done this conversion on here before as I havent read of any there might be a blog coming lol

I dont think it will mate as im taking out all the coilpack looms and replacing them with prefacelift looms, ive done this before but it was a none nats loom this time im attempting to use looms with nats the looms are from 1 car and the ecu and pickup ring plus keys are from another, im retaing the facelift dash and just changing clocks for mechanical ones, anyway thats for the blog thing is as there wont be anything trying to read the 2nd lambda sensor then light shouldnt come on

ken, i think your right, if your changing the ecu then just fit a non c/p lambda into the c/p manifold and plug the 2nd hole, eh :)

well come feburary the 16th car will be dismantled to get at looms so hopefully within the week it should be back together and up and running

Back