L/H full beam not working, I need under bonnet fuse box?

Hi, ive just got my 1993 1.3LX and the only problem with is that the nearside headlight full beam wont go on even after changing bulb.

I checked the under bonnet fuse box and the 15 amp Left side headlight fuse had blown and melted.
I managed to scrape out all the charred plastic and put in a new fuse but still didnt work.

Then after more scraping I realised that one of the contacts was broken and loose, so I tried putting a flat piece of metal in to act as a contact but to no avail. Probbaly just isnt making a connection.

Ive checked the in car fuse box and all the ones that it could be (L and R fog, even though I dont have fogs) and they are fine. The bulb works in the drivers side headlight and the bulb plug appear to be fine. Is there any where else it could be going wrong?

And has anyone got an under bonnet fuse box or know of the cheapest place to get one? Cheers and thanks in advance. :)

Thanks, that what I did, I went to Just nissan Breakers in Bolton and got the same fuse box, though on the first k11 bonnet we lifted it had the same problem, the l/h headlight 15 amp fused blown and melted so must be a common fault. Nissan replaced the fuse box with a different type on later k11s. Anyway I ended up just taking the contact out of the box I got from the breakers and wiring it to my one as no way would I of been able to wire in the whole lot and it wasnt necessary. It now works a treat, the lights are impressive. I put full beams on motorway at night and the light is amazing. Cheers:)

Back