Keyboard help anyone?

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Hi all.

My keyboard has got an odd problem, when I press the £ I get this # instead.

Also " and @ have swapped keys when I press them lol!

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, it happened on my old PC, but I can't remember how I fixed it or why it changed.

thanks for any help
Kev :)

sounds like, your comp may have switched over to american config......at least that makes sense for the " @ swap.

Hey mate, i think whats happened is your keyboard has gone onto the american settings, their buttons are different over there. I think what u want to do is go into the control panel and then into the keyboard menu.

thanks.

All sorted now, how it changed over I have no idea

Kev

kev_mono72 said:
or you could pull the keys off and swop them with each other!!
Or you could go Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language options > Languages tab > Details... > and set the keyboard layout to "English (United Kingdom)" ;)

Edit: nm you fixed it, lol

Yes, without a doubt its set to american.. If you're using windows XP, go into control panel, switch to classic view if its not already in it, select regional and language options, click the languages tab, press the details button, there should then be a box titled Installed Services, make sure English (United Kingdom) is there, if not click add and add it, if it is, then change the default input language to English (United Kingdon) using the drop down box on that same screen. You can highlight English (United States) and click remove as well, theres no reason for it to be there.

Dr Zoidberg said:
i was gonna say the same as everyone else kev. mine did this last week for no apparent reason :(

Same here! one of our office machines switched to american aswell..

i swop the keys all the time to annoy my dad. he has no idea how to touch type so its pretty funny when he looks up and everything he's typed is total crap

As far as i know this was a so called Virus, it was a non harmfull one and all it did was change your keyboard settings and nothing else as far as i can see.

Id update and scan tho just to be on the safe side

Layla said:
i swop the keys all the time to annoy my dad. he has no idea how to touch type so its pretty funny when he looks up and everything he's typed is total crap

hahaha, i might have to do that to my dad, although i couldnt repeat on here what he would be saying...lol

Back