Help with wheel please

C

clur84

Hi I have a slight problem when changing the tyre on my nissan micra one of the wheel nuts wouldn't come off so the man who was taking it off forced and we noticed underneath that the screw bit was stripped and had no thread. So now I only have three wheel nuts instead of the four holding the wheel on. I was told it was safe to drive like this but need to get it fixed. Does anyone know where or how to fix this? A man at the wheel place said its best to take it to nissan as they will need to remove the whole wheel hub or something to fix it- this sounds expensive.
Hope someone can help sorry Im not good at explaining.
Thanks

mate done this a few times on my old micra and on mates sunny....

what has happend is the studs have totally stripped due to incorrect tightening usually wit an air gun....

the studs cost £3 each from nissan and obviously you only need one but when i did it i needed two so i just did all four just to be safe...

easy enough to do...

the studs just hammer through the back, i used a grid in the street and a hammer to whack em through...

if you buy one from scrappers you still have to fit it and may have bad studs also...

take your time and dont drive around with only 3 on, thats asking for it...

Back