kev - lucky escape!

SR_Micra_Boy

Ex. Club Member
Just received a txt from the boss himself saying that he's just had a lucky escape, a brick has hit his car on the M1 whilst travellign along which has come up off the road, lets hope both kev, any passengers and the car are all ok.

Seems like theres a dent on the bonnet, and a whole in the bonnet scoop.

kev is fandabidozi tho. Thank goodness.....

And Ive cheered him up already, lol

Seems like its probably been dropped by a skip, and someone has driven over it ie a lorry and chucked it up off the ground into his path, well thats wot i think anyways, lol

I assumed the worst and thought kids had chucked it off a bridge at first.

Hi peeps.

Well I'm a bit shaken to say the least and thanks for the kind comments :)

I was travelling along the motorway outside lane, coming upto Junction 21a services and saw a car in the middle lane almost loose it, next thing I know I see this brick bouncing along the road. I swerve to miss it, by this point it's too late and it hits the car. The other driver took the brick right in the windscreen.

Just infront in a motorway lorry, for what I can only suggest was carrying what hit my car, so I accelerate pass it, shouting at the lorry that his load was falling out of the back. I only hope he understood and no one else got hurt as I must have dodged about a dozen bricks.

I've checked over the damage and it's actually hit the front splitter, came up and dented the bonnet, put a huge hole / crack in the bonnet scoop and bounced over the top of the car.

I'm fine, car's in a bit of state, but I'll get it fixed asap, only just had the bumpers done too grr Just thankful it didn't hit the windscreen!

took some other images to show the lovely bumpers off! lol

Kev :s

Attachments

• damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 185
  • damage1.jpg
    damage1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 145
  • damage2.jpg
    damage2.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 139
  • damage3.jpg
    damage3.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 153
Kev I hope you got the numberplate of the lorry and have reported this to the cops. Im VERY glad to hear your ok though.

I think I can remember the plate correctly, so I'll make a call in a sec.

Kev

bad news :( but like people have said ,it could have bin alot worse,especialy if you was going as fast as you was from jap show before we got on the m1 :D

haha! I saw you having a go to catch up on the dual carriageway leading to the M1 lol!

Kev ;)

i top out at 120 so gave up at 115 lol ,,i did get closer tho and it was busy :D

jus as you get bodywork sorted out something like this happens,eh

are you meking any changes? or repairing it how it was before?

good to hear your ok. the car did look good at the jap show. big respect for dodging bricks risking more damge to try and stop the lorry driver.

Your probably lucky it did hit your bonnet scoop - if that wasnt there, it could have gone straight through your windscreen and turned very nasty indeed.

Did you end up contacting the police about the lorry? is there anything they can do?

Back