• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

kamisama blogsssssss

kamisama

Ex. Club Member
Hello peeps, thought id start a little build up thread of my latest micra. Im new to msc but have been playing with micras for a longtime with my old inspiration ripping up many miles in and around the midlands around the year 2000.
My old micra 1.0 inspriration:
mymicrastage1.jpg

then a year or two later:
mymicrastage2.jpg

unfortunately i moved onto a few bigger jap cars before returning last month with my new project:
nokia6002.jpg

Many plans for the vibe just gotta get my backside into gear, ive turned lazy with age lol

For work I drive all the way down the m42 to work and back or if i have time i do the backlanes etc from hams hall coleshill to swadlincote/burton daily. Ive spent 2 days reading the many posts regarding almera ga16 engines and am loving that idea buddy. Already on the hunt as i speak infact for an almera donor. Handling and brakes will also need attention although there good for a 1.0 the brakes suffer badly with fade and the handling is like a fat bloke on a skateboard lol so all needs to be done. Style wise i want nothing major, few jap graphics and jdm parts and il be happy.

cheers for the coments, plans now in place sort of lol just building up my tool collection before the major work starts. Been to the tyre yard this morning and had some slightly wider than standard tyres fitted to get me by as i balded the standard 155/70/13's. Now fitted with 175/70/13's as that was all they had part worns to cost me £20 quid fitted which wasnt bad. Also spent some time fitting a digital tacho which i brought of ebay last year so thanks to the handy diy guides on this board its all up and running pics to follow :) Bit tricky with the old solder iron though lol

Hi Kamisama, that Inspiration, is an inspiration looks great looking forward to seeing updates for your new project.

Just a word of advice though, it looks like you've got your Inspiriation set as your Signature, You'd might be better off haiving as your Avatar matey.

Hi Kamisama, that Inspiration, is an inspiration looks great looking forward to seeing updates for your new project.

Just a word of advice though, it looks like you've got your Inspiriation set as your Signature, You'd might be better off haiving as your Avatar matey.

thats what i was intending to do but im useless at avatars and signatures lol il have a play and try and sort it thanks

heres a few more pics ive found out of my old 1.0 inspiration,
img576.jpg

img577.jpg

img578.jpg

and heres some more of my vibe which hopefully wont be looking this standard in a few months time :laugh:
nokia6004.jpg

nokia6003.jpg

This weekend is all planned, hopefully a trip to derby for some almera bits from albert looms scrapyard, anybody know of any other good scrappies in the midlands let me know (Y)

Finally made it to albert looms this morning, aquired my ga injectors, airbox and a few other things. Noticed a few k10's and k11's in there some with no damage body wise so must have fell to the poor scrapage scheme. Anyways got back to find my springs had arrived so in they went only took around an hour in the boiling sun so out came the factor 50 lol. Il try and get some pics up tomorrow, rides like a go-kart now just how i like em.

Right then been busy over the past few days sorting a few issues with the mighty vibe, i promised pics so here i go.

Spax added:

001.jpg

003.jpg

Digital tacho was easy to fit thanks to the helpful guide on this very site:

024.jpg

Spacers and wheel alteration next on the cards please dont try this at home :) :

005.jpg

006.jpg

Honda civic/crx 16i16vwheels purchased of ebay for a measly 21quid, 14'' with 185/60/14 tyres. I rubbed em down and gave em a lick of hammerite black hammered finish. Topped of with normal car vinal strip from local car supplies place. Trying to be jdm lol:

025.jpg

So after a busy couple of days the vibe is lowered, got alloys and tacho and now eagerly awaiting alot more power but managed to get some posing shots in the sun before the day ended:

023.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

Jdm certainly the theme im aiming to acvheive, hope you all like. Any ideas welcomed :)

Ive looged into flickr but still cant see your photos is there a trick to it?

Better rims will eventually come mate but just to let you know, this will never be a show car. I love me trackdays to much :grinning:

i like how low it sits. is that only on 35mm springs?

Im unsure buddy to be honest as i got the springs from a scrapyard and took a real gamble. The chap who sold me them couldnt remember if they were from a 100nx or a micra si lol but for 20quid i thought id take a chance.

Been a busy start to the month this week with little time to do much but much inspiration thanks to meeting frank.
Right to start i ordered a set of uk legal jap import sized plates for my pitboot micra, or forgot to mention ive christened the vibe pitboot lol
To acompany the plates i also got some cheapo stickers for the windows including two in the pink one in the stink, domuken dinosaur, jap learner and nismo ones. then fitted them for that crazy jdm street racer look.
Ive spent a fortune on automotive manuals, which are absolutely thick with knolwedge regarding engine building, fuel injection and engine management systems which cost me a small fortune but im learning slowly.
New laptop for internet browsing and ecu playing :grinning:
Today i aquired a cg13 fresh from a friend of a friend, lowish miles and is now sitting in my toy room away from the kids and missus lol
Looking forward to messing about on my laptop wjen the obd1 lead arrives fwn

Busy busy busy with many pics to come soon(Y)

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. I have a OBD tool at work, but I wouldn't dare attempt to change setting, I've played computer games, lol.

Anymore pics?

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. I have a OBD tool at work, but I wouldn't dare attempt to change setting, I've played computer games, lol.

Anymore pics?

pics to follow soon mate, got to clean it again as its a mess lol. As for the obd tool go on do it i dare ya lol

Nice work kamisama, look forward to the upcoming changes (Y),

Your top pic of the micra (With faded colour) looks like a completely different car hehe,

Good job.

still collecting parts this week but managed to get a few bargains, trawling round some of franks local breakers yards helped get some more inspiration.
Current parts pile not yet fitted but gaining dust:
cg13 complete engine(stripdown to come)
2xga16 throttle bodys
ga 16 injectors
2 sets of 1.3 cg injectors
modified exhaust manifold modified courtesy of frank(cheers buddy)
Daewoo matiz rear springs
lots of steel ready for strut brace making and varios other bits of fabrication.

Pondering:
cooper s supercharger or fiesta rst garrett lol just a minor thought but keeps me busy lol

To get list:
walbro pump
pressure regulator
nistune software/dongle etc
daewoo matiz front legs and springs

and thats just about it for now here, let the modifying comence lol

Right then had a spare 5 mins today so i wipped the old injector rail of and replaced it with a second hand rail from a later s-reg along with ga16 injectors.
Definate difference in performance better throttle response and a little bit more grunt through the range, ive drove this car distance over the past few months and spotted the difference stright away. One thing i did notice was that when changing gear it was popping alot more loudly through the exhaust which is streight through near enough so i would say its running slightly richer :p Next step fit the manifold what frank fabricated and maybe try out the 1.6 throttle body.(Y)

finally some pics:
2010014.jpg

2010013.jpg

2010012.jpg

2010011.jpg

2010010.jpg

the splitter is from a seat ibiza tdi, jap plate and stickers from ebay and fresh black ga injectors :grinning:

cheers fellas, r-reg sr thats the way i like em lol gets peoples heads turning a bit now aswell (Y)

Slight update on the mighty pitboot, been running it now for 2 weeks on super plus 97 ron fuel.Bit more expensive but worth it i think as it does seem to pull a little bit harder on acceleration and around 60mph especially with the current ga16 injectors in it. Its using a little bit more fuel but worth it for the lil extra hp:p

Cleaned my second hand throttle body also ga16 today and made a plate to cover the aav valve holes on the front so may fit that but i have noticed that there isnt alot of difference in size compared with the standard body so im in 2 minds whether to fit it at the mo or wait till me 1.3 is built.

My shed has arrived and been built so hopefully il be able to move some stuff around tomorrow ready to rebuild the 1.3 in my coal house otherwise known as my coal shed. :grinning:

Il try and get some photos up tomorrow of the stockpiling bits and of some of the progress.

Back