steering wheel

caphj7

Buy & Sell Member
hi, does anyone know how to change the steering wheel. does the old one come off quite easy? i have been offered a micra k10 GSX steering wheel and i have the early micra one and i would like to change it. the gsx wheel looks alot nicer and is a bit thicker so nicer to drive with. so i just want to put a different k10 steering wheel on. i dont need a boss kit or anything for an aftermarket one.
thanks adam

Disconnect the battery negative

for the oldest wheels there are two screws on the rear of the wheel spokes that hold the large horn cover on the fron once this is removed the center nut will be revealed (newer wheels have a prize-off center horn cover...prise tis off firmly and quicly. The center nut comes off easy with a suitable wrench / socket...to remove the wheel from the shaftgrip at 9 oclock & 3 oclock and grntly "wiggle" the wheel bu pushing gently towards the dash with one hand while smultaneously pulling towards you with the other...alternating the wiggling....go from 3-9 oclock to 12-6 oclock wiggles...the wheel will cobe free with very little force......besure that the wheel is set straight before withdrawing it completely from the shaft.....then place the new wheel on and tighten to the specified torque

Reconnect the battery when done

just a tip leave the nut on the thread two or so turns so if the wheel pops off it doesnt hit you in the face

that would have been handy when i stripped the super s. I removed the wheel when there was no interior, and went flying into the back of the car!

Back