Steering wheel controls

Hi

I have an 56 plate micra s with no steering wheel controls. I can grab a new steering wheel with controls for FREE but I was thinking if the there are wires in the car already which I would connect to the steering wheel and the radio or I need the wires too...

Thanks

I'm not sure with the steering wheel controls.
I know that the looms are often present for lights and speakers, but I don't know if that's the case here.

If you're able to get the wiring along with the new wheel hopefully you'll be able to get it working, or be able to tell that the wiring you need is already there, if that makes sense.

@Guy has his own site, dedicated to the k12 www.micrak12.com
Click on the very last full stop of the introduction to download the pdf manual. Might come in handy ;)

Take care switching the wheels over, due to the airbag.
When you reconnect the battery you will find you'll need a radio code. Unless of course you already have an aftermarket system ^_^

Good luck
Let us know how you get on

If the relevant wires were there they would be fairly obvious coming from the spiral cable. Even if you got a spiral cable with the said wires for the steering wheel controls, I don't know whether this would make them work or if you would also need other parts?

If the relevant wires were there they would be fairly obvious coming from the spiral cable. Even if you got a spiral cable with the said wires for the steering wheel controls, I don't know whether this would make them work or if you would also need other parts?

I would have thought that its just straight wires to radio.. but never mind I gave up on that project already.. got an aftermarket radio that connects to my galaxy s4 and use s voice to control my songs and stuff work very well