K12 Seats

I've got a 160SR and I'm getting pretty fed up of the seats a few people have now said to me bucket seat maybe a good option. Does anyone have any good seats they you recomend? Also because I have a three door do buckets tilt and slide like the factory fitted ones?

yer i know where u coming from mate. The standard seat in my 160SR offer ####e support.. slide all over the place even when doing slow corners.. Yer you can buy buckets that tilt no problem. Im thinking of getting some myself but I dunno if any adjustments with stuff like electronics need to be done if any.

I know where you're coming from. I find the cheaper K12 seats are more comfortable but still have 0 holding performance.

As an alternative if you have any DIY metalwork skills (or have a handy mate) then you can Mod other manufacturers seats to fit. I put some 207 seats in a Note without too much hassle and the seat belt buckles are compatible. I've also done a couple of seat conversions using BMW seats because I think they're dead comfy, they have a very flat mounting and you can "build" brackets to bolt into the car to fit the seats.

You loose the side airbags (which happens with buckets too) and remember to build strong because peak loading in a crash is about 60G.

I've got a 160SR and I'm getting pretty fed up of the seats a few people have now said to me bucket seat maybe a good option. Does anyone have any good seats they you recomend? Also because I have a three door do buckets tilt and slide like the factory fitted ones?

The seats are sh*%e. I did a 150 mile round trip yesterday and I could not get comfy at all on the m25 & m40. They do for short trips but I have had enough of them and must go!

Its also the height of the seating position which is so frustrating, my wife has an Almera and when I drive that it feels like I have sat into an Elise! The seats are far more comfy and maybe I will look for a set from a 3dr sport on e bay?

Back