K12 steering wheel differences

Hello again, after fixing the door lock issue I've now been told I need to get the wife a new steering wheel as with all K12s it's ruined. She has stereo controls and the 'I' button for the fuel computer which is proving very hard to find. I've found a few on eBay with cruise control and telephone buttons but have been told these steering wheels have a different amount of splines compared to the the none cruise control ones. Is it true that they have a different amount of splines? If not I imagine the control section of the steering wheel can be changed over to the new wheel.

Thanks

Olly

I have no idea about splines and stuff, but last week I spent 2 hours using some posh leather cleaning stuff my dad had picked up from a jumble sale to have a go at my mums SVE steering wheel (she has the beige leather) doesn't look new, but it's a huge improvement ;)

Keep on looking for the correct type of wheel, just incase they're not compatible. Check eBay regularly, also try a local scrapyard, possibly even gumtree is worth a shot?

Edit: driving gloves will help prevent more deterioration of the leather covering.

Edit 2: have you considered a steering wheel cover?
Much cheaper option and easier too :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
O
The only correct ones I've seen so far people want £80, and I'm not willing to pay that lol. Her steering wheel is completely shot and currently has a steering wheel cover on it but it makes the wheel quite bulky which doesn't make it nice to hold.