help!!!! micra k12 camshaft fault!!

argh!!! i have a 53 plate nissan micra se. well maintaned with 37k miles on clock. for the last 12 months ive had a problem with the engine management light, had it done 2 times (been informed it was the camshaft sensor light) and its back on. now ive had a guy to look at it and he's informed me it the...............wait for it THE CAMSHAFT CHAIN. is this a common fault i ask? the ansa YES!! rang nissan and they wont do a thing as i didnt get my last full service done and the problem wasnt reported wen the car was still under warranty. even thought i DI report it wen it was still under warranty, aparently nissan have 'no record' ov it, how bloody convenient!! i know a guy who can do the repair for me but were can i get the camshaft chain and kit from? and please..... no typical woman driver jokes!!! lol. or is there any one in north east near boro who can do it for me......cheap?? :grinning:

I spend 2 years working for Hyundai doing warranty and i reckon...
IF -
You genuinely did report a problem when the car was in warranty (and of similar mileage) you could very easily appeal to Nissan H.O. for a goodwill gesture on the warranty... The may not cover it all, but even if the the covered just the labour or just the parts (most likley) its better than a kick in the ar**e!

Also if your problem wasnt found and/or solved while the car was in warranty Nissan would have no record of it, it would have stopped at the dealer. (so contact that dealer for a 'service record' from your car and you will have your proof in that)

have you kept up your service history at any garage, not necessarily a Nissan main dealer?
If you had ur camshaft position sensor replaced twice under Nissan main dealer warranty, especially because they done the job twice, you wouldn't even have to argue with them, you could with near certainly tell them it was their mis-diagnosis of the problem the first 2 times that brought this new problem to a head...
Be persistent with Nissan! you will be surprised! Your mileage is so low that its hard for them to turn you away.

Im basing all that on my Hyundai experience, im assuming Nissan works their warranty fairly similar?!?!

the dreaded early k12 chocolate camchains eh fwn
a search will bring up a few relevant threads :)

Yep, Frank's right! Our Anne-Maries car had only 22k on the clock when the "paper chain" caused a estimated bill of over £1000 with the "local" nissan stealer.
Apparently nissan caught this on late in 05, then changed the material in the chains, so the early k12's from 03-mid 05 are plagued with this.

Typical frogs after taking over the nissan brand, cost cutting for maximum profit, they have to try and mend the damage when its too late. Just look at Renault and Peugeot, crap build, crap electronics, ..............just generally crap

I spend 2 years working for Hyundai doing warranty and i reckon...
IF -
You genuinely did report a problem when the car was in warranty (and of similar mileage) you could very easily appeal to Nissan H.O. for a goodwill gesture on the warranty... The may not cover it all, but even if the the covered just the labour or just the parts (most likley) its better than a kick in the ar**e!

Also if your problem wasnt found and/or solved while the car was in warranty Nissan would have no record of it, it would have stopped at the dealer. (so contact that dealer for a 'service record' from your car and you will have your proof in that)

have you kept up your service history at any garage, not necessarily a Nissan main dealer?
If you had ur camshaft position sensor replaced twice under Nissan main dealer warranty, especially because they done the job twice, you wouldn't even have to argue with them, you could with near certainly tell them it was their mis-diagnosis of the problem the first 2 times that brought this new problem to a head...
Be persistent with Nissan! you will be surprised! Your mileage is so low that its hard for them to turn you away.

Im basing all that on my Hyundai experience, im assuming Nissan works their warranty fairly similar?!?!

It didn't work that way with the so called "friendly" Nissan dealer in Belfast!!!

take it up with nissan uk head office, you wont get any joy from the dealer... nissan head office would be more concerned about nissans customer reputation than a dealership...