k12 HELP

Ive a 2003 k12.

For the past 3 months I've had a rough idle, low rev when stopped.

I also had a continuos leak from a pinched gasket so I booked in with mechanic.

In the mean time I was driving to work on the motorway and started to lose power, then the car would surge on. Shortly afterwards the engine light came on and diagnostic read camshaft sensor.

We presumed the timing chain had stretched, upon inspection the timing chain is new and tight! Gasket was fixed, engine cleaned and resealed with a new sensor added. As I was driving home the power dropped, idle was awful and engine light came back on. Diagnostic read camshaft again as well as lambda oxygen sensor lean. Car now cuts out shortly after starting.

Could somebody narrow down the problem for me. Thanks!!

Have you checked the variable valve sensor next to the cam chain. Is one i was advised to check on mine. Remove the air/throttle housing and its on the back driver side of the block. One 10ml bolt holding it in place. Remove and clean with petrol and inspect for blockages.

Have you checked the variable valve sensor next to the cam chain. Is one i was advised to check on mine. Remove the air/throttle housing and its on the back driver side of the block. One 10ml bolt holding it in place. Remove and clean with petrol and inspect for blockages.

Hi chris, yes I think you are right! Mechanic thinks this may be the problem too.

Back