K12 Engine management light on

Hi guys,

My k12 engine management light just came on, rev's erratically and I can't go any higher than 20mph.

Can someone advise me what the symptoms maybe?

Thanks

Chun

Thanks for your reply,

I hope not but I may have to face the fact as I know it's a expensive job if it's the problem.

I've disconnected the battery earlier and the now the car won't even start and it's not even making a noise as you would get when it ticks over (complete silence).

I'm really gutted and seriously considering selling the car once it has been fix. I recently had to fork out £220 for gasket seals problem and now I'm facing another bill as I can't keep paying these kind of money.

I love the car a lot but the joy of running is getting very expensive.

Chun

where abouts are you if your local to me i could clear codes and see what happens?

Thanks for your offer Kennierobo.

Picked up the car yesterday afternoon from my local garage, the chap said there was 15 different codes reading on his system and he just cleared it all and now its run fine without any problem as he only charged me £30.

Can you tell me by clearing the codes would it do any harm to the car in the long run?

Thanks

Chun

it should not harm it if the fault is major it will throw up the fault code again within a few days

Ok thanks,

The car vibrates a lot when stationary and the rev's stays at 1000rpm even when I have stopped. Can I ask do you think it maybe the oxygen sensor or MAF sensor?

Thanks

Chun

I can have a look at Haynes manual and see what it has to say on the subject can you tell us is the erratic idling when its cold or when its at temperature and are there any fault codes present ie management light on. You can with the diagnostics hooked up take live readings when car is ticking over and it will tell you what maf sensors ect are doing. I know on mine its very sluggish when cold and feels like the top end is going to blow up then when its warm it ticks over very erratically ie up and down or even stalls on occasions.

Back