K12 dci cam sensor location

Morning,

Daughter bought a K12 2004 dci Micra - been great but now trouble starting - been serviced all its life and was when she bought it 6 months ago.

Starts OK but won't start second time unless you put in gear and lift clutch a bit - rest of car running great.

Not ideal - looking to change the cam sensor first but it seems she has bought the only car with no Haynes manual and an engine bay you need to have the hands or a newborn to get around!!!! (I am an Landy DIY guy - hands like a Gorilla!)

Got the sensor - can't seem to find anything online to point where it goes?

Any pointers much appreciated - I am may document for other Dads on this mission!!!

Thanks

Firstly you need to check air filter and glow plugs, on mine 3 had burnt out without any faults showing, also the fuel filter may need a drain ( under front passenger wheel arch) to drain any water in the filter. It may need changing later. I also highly recommend adding this additive to the diesel fuel, this will clean out the engine, fuel pump and injectors and give you increase MPG. try these simple things first, location of the sensor is simple to change and bolted to the top of the cam housing (under front top plastic cam cover) via a single 6mm bolt. the sensor is not expensive any way.Make sure the cam belt is changed every 60K or 5 years!:unsure:

Last edited:
Back