cd player

my cd player in my micra keeps going off and losing the radio stations ive checked the wiring and everything is fine anyone know if theres anything i can do

connect the red & yellow wire together :)

ups...you dont mean that it loosing stations when you turn it off? in that case yellow & red wire together...if this turning off happens while you are driving...it must be electrical problem....check the fuses...it can be loosing contact altough he is looking good.....then check all the wires...(-cable)...

By what you said in the above post, that would keep the cd player on contantly

You need to switch the red and yellow wires over

Yellow is a constant 12 V and red is a remote (ignition) 12 V, so when you turn the key to start the engine, the cd player knows when to come on becuase it gets a 12 V on the red wire

it would keep memory of the radio stations on...it would not keep radio on if he turn the radio off.....unlees he put the radio on & just take out the ignition key.....

it would keep memory of the radio stations on...it would not keep radio on if he turn the radio off.....unlees he put the radio on & just take out the ignition key.....

If he tuned the radio off then it would be off lol

All after market cd players turn off without the ignition key in...unless they have been wired up incorrectly

red wire should be constant +....yellow is for memory....this "All after market cd players turn off without the ignition key in..." is incorrect....how would you listen the radio when you are f..... your girlfriend when your car is turned off?? :)

red wire should be constant +....yellow is for memory....this "All after market cd players turn off without the ignition key in..." is incorrect....how would you listen the radio when you are f..... your girlfriend when your car is turned off?? :)

errr becuase you can leave the key in on the "ignition" part, but have no engine running

Yellow is memory or Constant

Red wire is remote or ignition (when you turn on ignition 12 v goes to the cd player via this wire)

If you still dont believe me then get a multi-meter and measure it!

i have a "yo momma" joke burning inside of me, but feel it would offend you

andy is battery and alternator ok? stereo in my van turned off when my alternator belt was slipping badly.

@curtis: in my micra i can take my key out & block the steereing wheel and my hu is still runing (if i want it of course).... maybe i lost something in translating your posts i dont know....:) but i dont even know what is the real problem..loosing the memory or turning off while using the hu....when the andyuk says whats the problem we can continue :) at the bootom end..it could be a problem with the baterry...i have seen that...(but not in micra & not with hu's but with external amps that need more power form car battery)

If you wire the red and yellow together then the cd player is constantly on, but yes you do have an "on" and "off" button, but in thoery the cd player is still on or active

i wouldnt want it to be able to switch on without the key in ignition, too much risk of forgetting about it and flattening battery.

If you wire the red and yellow together then the cd player is constantly on, but yes you do have an "on" and "off" button, but in thoery the cd player is still on or active

i believe that you would say...he is not phisacly on...he is not playing, but he is "on" on the stand by mode, keeping the memory?
@modernmicra.....yes it is true.....because of that soon i will connect the wires that my hu is turning off automaticly when I turn off my car (engine)..i must also install 2nd baterry in my car....one is not enough :D ...my amplifier need too much power for work with just one baterry :p

i believe that you would say...he is not phisacly on...he is not playing, but he is "on" on the stand by mode, keeping the memory?
@modernmicra.....yes it is true.....because of that soon i will connect the wires that my hu is turning off automaticly when I turn off my car (engine)..i must also install 2nd baterry in my car....one is not enough :D ...my amplifier need too much power for work with just one baterry :p

or get a power cap...

its when im driving along it goes off and it goes to the cd player and i have to retune my stations in again i had to buy a block for the connection as it didnt have the rite fitting for the cd player but i have checked it and theres no loose connections

It must be either a loose ground or power, or a short...make sure there are no wires touching each other

i Have a iso connector you could use...but if you have already cut the wires then its no good

@andyuk: yes it must be wire..or fuse somewhere...

@curtis:
or get a power cap...

power cap can not help because...power cap is used as a temporaray power holder...but when baterry has small capacity there is no help with the cap...amplifier need power...he can take it from battery and from cap...but the cap itself must take power from battery...if battery have not power, cap is also without power...so amp have no power at all...
Look on the internet for listening systems or competition systems....just a few of people uses caps...because they have their internal resistance...and they can not hold much power as it says on them....and they just produce losses (in competition)
overall cap is not recomended for use for people who listen rap etc. or songs that have bass longer than 15-20seconds..because...amp use first the power from cap (because it is close to the amp) then continue to draw power from battery...cap is empty....and he became draw power from battery too (he try to fill himself) and then he became as aditional consumer of power... :)

Back