K12 6 CD Changer head unit changing

tbaac

Ex. Club Member
Hi, I am new here although I have been watching the forums for a while. I have a 2006 Micra C+C Essenza which came with a 6 cd multichanger built into the dashboard.

I have seen various threads relating to changing Micra head units but none that seem to be for this one. Hopefully there aren't too many differences but I just wondered if anyone knew of a guide for this one?

Specifically I was looking to connect a bluetooth Nokia car kit to it to allow using the phone and streaming audio, but any info about taking the stereo out would be great.

Thanks.

Cheers nissanmicrak12.

From the photos it looked to be twice the height of the usual head unit though, that's all that worried me.....

Yeah, hopefully you're right. I'm in Farborough mate. I see you're up near where Micras come from :grinning:

have looked on my workshop manual for you mate it seems as though all the k12 headunits are the same for removal four screws to take the whole headunit+airvents out of the dash and two bolts to remove the headunit from the cage this maybe four for the six disk changer but shouldn`t be too much diffrent i would have a look but i`m not planning to change the headunit for a while i would appriciate it if you find any major diffrences whilst doing this you could post them up

6cd removal

ive just pulled my 6cd in dash out of my 160sr,
like mentioned above there were the two screws on the bottom of the radio/vents unit, two under the trim immediatly above the radio, just prised off.
Now the wierd bit, the trims of the a pillars had to come off, being carefull of the airbag cords underneath, the top of the dash was clipped off aswell, just to get the last bolt to release the radio/vents unit. then the whole unit came out with a bit of wriggling as it was a tight fit.

i havnt taken the radio out of the unit as i just wanted the numbers of the back to get the security code.

hope this helps anyone in future

Back