K12 CD changer replacement

Hi all,

I've been tasked with replacing the stock CD changer from my girlfriend's Sport+. This leaves me with a fair few questions if you don't mind me badgering.

* The current headunit seems to be permanently trying to eject a CD. I've seen hints online that the stock CD changers fail fairly regularly. Is this right? Would it be worth my while getting another stock CD changer off ebay/whatever or am I going to be replacing it again in a year?

* Is the hole the CD changer fits in double-DIN? Anyone recommend anything else to fill it? Ideally another CD changer, and something that can do bluetooth would be nice.

* If I switched the dash out for the single DIN hole, would the trip computer (if that's what the thing with 3 buttons and LCD is) do anything useful in the Sport+, given there's already an in-dash MPG display?

The head-unit removal guide is great, if I get around to it I'll give the pictures somewhere more permanent to live.

Cheers!

I'm knew to threads, forums and cars really so please bear with me. My 1.2 Micra Sport+ has a 6 cd changer. It has recently started to stop playing cds - it can be 45 secs into a cd or 45 mins. It just stops playing and ceases up. The only way I can then get the cd out is to hammer my fist onto the dashboard as hard as I can and keep trying the eject button which eventually will release the CD. Is this a common problem and is it fixable or is it a new cd player? If it's a new cd player, is it easy to change yourself if you don't have any experience of car DIY? If it is a new cd player, how much are they and where's the best place to look?

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Moonjooce, my double-din 6 disc changer is going spare. Where are you?

Double din is twice the size of a standard cd player.... Think of it like two normal car cd players stacked on top of each other, you'll find that most modern cars will use double din as standard

Guy

Club Member
Lol moonjooce - if you want it, neither of us would have to drive more than 5 minutes to meet in the middle :).

40320044.jpg

This is the one I currently have that packs up after a few minutes - double din I assume as it's bigger than the one in my last micra. How much would you want for the Cd player 6.5x55 - is it the same as the one above? Also do you have the code for it?

Guy

Club Member
It is available :). You can have it for £30 if you want :). I've a feeling I wrote the code on the back. If I don't someone on here could decode it. I did have the decoder but deleted it cos I got fed up of my anti-virus moaning about it.