How to sort a faulty 6 CD changer ?

Hi All -
Our K12 Micra has a factory Blaupunkt BP5387 radio / 6CD changer which has developed a fault with the changer. It has at least 1 CD inside it but wont eject or play.
If I disconnect then reconnect the battery (with ignition switch off) it whirrs and clunks for a while trying to do something then finally stops.
I cant find any emergency-eject hole to push a paper clip in as single drives normally do.

The trouble is even with ignition off there is a BIG battery drain which will flatten the battery overnight so I need to do something !
If I cant fix it I don't mind disconnecting the CD changer and leave just the radio working but cant see a way to do that.
I can't find a detailed manual online and the Nissan user manual has no tips.

Any ideas???

Thanks
Joe

It looks like this btw:

Obviously something has maybe broken in side that completes the releasing mechanism

Take it a part and see
And if all fails give it the bin ?

It’s a ? brand anyway

Get yourself some Sony or pioneer

The movements inside have became dry. Then they stick it common on DVD players and CD drives.
Have to open it up and check if you are able to do so might be easy or complicated to find what part is sticking.
As for not playing you can try to clean the lense normally straight forward task.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hmmm, thanks both. I have no problem having a go but successfully fixing a changer mech is unlikely to end well, based on previous experience. Still, if there is no emergency eject facility I have nothing to lose. Trouble is, I am a long way from the car and have limited time when there.

It took me a lot of time to figure out the drain problem was caused by the radio as removing the Audio fuse made no difference, but the Immobiliser fuse did. There seems to be a permanent feed from that fuse to the radio, just not marked.

Joe

So in the short time I had last night I split apart the radio and CD changer and removed the ribbon connector between them.
The battery drain previously was 0.8A constantly with ignition off and car locked. Now it is 0.3A after locking the car dropping to 0.01 soon after, so hopefully I have cured the flattening battery.
Of course the CD bit no longer works but that is for another time.....

Other threads say that if removing the Immobiliser fuse stops the battery drain there is a problem with the BCM so this may give an alternative solution for others.

Cheers
Joe

Back