K12 1.5 Diesel

Allan

Ex. Club Member
I've just replaced the electric steering column, and now the engine will not turn over.

Any ideas guys?

Checked the thread and could not find anything of help.
I've now fitted the complete second hand column with motor as supplied by my local car dismantler.
They even supplied the keyfob from the car it was taken from.
Now the ignition will not turn on.

Search combinations of EPS, immobiliser, Nats with ref. to K12?

The NATS immobiliser system is in every electronic datacoms component subassembly. Therefore they need calibrating coding or matching to each other when interchanging them in order that they can communicate with each other via the common bus datacoms?

Reference: https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/eps-codes.7485/#post-436018

Quote; **********important************
“if you ever replace eps on k12 you must disconnect battery before plugging new eps unit in or you will blow the dongle in the eps. Your steering will work but your key lamp will flash in red after a few miles, reason being you have blown the dongle. Fault code will read "eps dongle"
the dongle is part of the nats system. The only way out of this scenario is either a 3rd replacement eps or to reconfigure the bcm as a lhd vehicle. European nissans do not use dongles only uk uses them.”
#6 oikealle, Jan 2, 2011

Much detailed information is available from this and various forums if you do your due diligence research to develop a rational strategy and plan prior to proceeding with this project.

Good luck.

Back