EPS codes

A

Autoserv

I have a K12 with EPS codes
C1606 ; EPS motor
C1608 ; control unit

Can anyone help with a diagnostic sequence for these codes.
The steer does not work at all.

Martin

its a common problem on the k12 how old is the car cause yoy will need to change the whole steering column bit of a pain to fit but isnt to hard if its under warranty then take it to ur dealer or youve gotta spend quite abit of money

is the steering heavy all the time if so the eps motor or control unit is knackered, if not it is beginning to go, either way you will need a new steering column same as witty05 said

I cleared the codes with my scanner and the power assist has returned. Can't say for sure if the problem is gone but I will keep it monitored.
Thanks for all your help so far.

Micra power steering fault

Can anyone recommend obd software to reset power steering light on a 2006 nissan micra S. 34,500 miles covered. Light came on after a cold spell. The car was snowed in for a week and now power steering is not working. Will post if I find further helpful info.

Thanks in advance.

**********important************
if you ever replace eps on k12 you must disconnect battery before plugging new eps unit in or you will blow the dongle in the eps. Your steering will work but your key lamp will flash in red after a few miles, reason being you have blown the dongle. Fault code will read "eps dongle"
the dongle is part of the nats system. The only way out of this scenario is either a 3rd replacement eps or to reconfigure the bcm as a lhd vehicle. European nissans do not use dongles only uk uses them.
Thought id let you all know, they aint cheap

Hello. New to forum. Have the issue oikealle describes i.e. had steering column replaced with 2nd hand one and everything works but the red immobilizer light comes on shortly after the blue temp light goes off. Apart from the light coming on, as I say everything works but I'd like red dashboard lights to stay off if that's possible! Don't know a lot about NATS etc. but can anyone provide more info on how I would go about, as oikealle says, "reconfigure the bcm as a lhd vehicle"?

Back