K11 1.0 dizzy wont start.

was plodding along fine all night, came home and went to go back out in the morning and it started up as usual then cut out after around 2 seconds, i tried again giving it some revs and it died within a coupl of seconds of starting. after this the engine just turns over but won't fire. i have very limited tools here also. ive been told to try starting it with a jump and the maf sensor and lambda unplugged but both made no difference. any common problems to start with?

I've had this happen twice, once like you described, and once late at night while driving

Do some diagnosis first to figure out if you have spark/fuel and make sure it isn't a NATS issue which is a possibility since it ran for a few seconds - but it is likely to be the distributor and while you can try a new cap and rotor first the whole thing will probably need replacing. You need a few spanners, a screwdriver, some wd-40, and a timing light (£10-20 on ebay) although if your timing was good before it died and you're careful to mark it properly, you might be able to get away with putting the new one on in the same position and do away with the need for the light

Back