K11 Windows Glass and Winders......

Hey,

First of all i would like to appologise if this post is a bit shi....rubbish as this is my first post (of many) on this forum. It is because i have just got myself a little 1.0l inspiration and it has a few problems with it.

The window glass has come out of the regulators on both sides of the car, and i am wanting advice on what is the best way to glue the glass back into the regulators? as at the moment, anything that requires me to wind down my window ends in a lot of swearing and me getting very annoyed.

Cheers (Y)

i had this problem just a couple of months ago, the windows arnt glued in (as far as i know, the clips which hold the glass to the winder mech are supposed to have a coating of what looks like bathroom sealant which grips the window.

also make sure you dont over tighten the clips, as otherwise you will end up shearing the screw on the clip and the nut will not go on :(

i,ve used a 2pack glue in the past SJ (araldite etc) but you have to etch the surfaces with sandpaper first, else the glue wont "key" on

hmm might have to do a little gluing myself, mine are being held on with duct tape and silica sealant :D
might have to do it properly ;)

Back