K11 Vs Impreza

... But it IS a pulsar engine!!! :p

IN the land they were designed the N14 Sunny and the N15 Almera were mostly called Pulsars. :p

Yom said:
... But it IS a pulsar engine!!! :p

IN the land they were designed the N14 Sunny and the N15 Almera were mostly called Pulsars. :p

No it's not.

Of all the things related to the Pulsar in any way, the only thing that comes close is the ECU, which is a Mine's unit for the GTiR.

The engine however is totally different fom the Pulsar engine.

Different block, crank, rods, head, valvetrain, puleys, intake, exhaust.

Hardly a Pulsar engine!!!

The only parts from the original Almera GTi engine are the block & crank...that is it. Everything else was swapped or uprated in some way.

NISMO_ALMERA said:
No it's not.

Of all the things related to the Pulsar in any way, the only thing that comes close is the ECU, which is a Mine's unit for the GTiR.

The engine however is totally different fom the Pulsar engine.

Different block, crank, rods, head, valvetrain, puleys, intake, exhaust.

Hardly a Pulsar engine!!!

The only parts from the original Almera GTi engine are the block & crank...that is it. Everything else was swapped or uprated in some way.
I think what Yom was jestfully refrerring to is that the N15 Almera is called a Pulsar in Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar#N15_series_.281995-1999.29

James said:
I think what Yom was jestfully refrerring to is that the N15 Almera is called a Pulsar in Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pulsar#N15_series_.281995-1999.29

Exactly.

Claiming its not because its been rebuilt with uprate components is a bit dumb-dumb.

(Most of the parts you've used like the high port head and the distrubtor gear came standard on SR20DE's elsewhere in the world. All the SR20DE delivered here were highports and the majority of the DE N14 and N15 in japan are also highports from the factory.) All you've done is build yourself a jap spec SR20DE. :p

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Yeah, I have to agree. It is no longer a sleeper, as it has become quite well known on the forums & around the country.

Still, it is great to see people's faces!

Have you read my thread on my conversion.. how would you rate the performance of mine off the top of your head..
est 1/4 mile, 0-60 time?

SR20DE Highport eGT block and box, standard internals,
Iridium plugs
P/S + W pumps removed
Blitz 0.9mm performance Ht leads,
4,2,1 mandrel bent Stainless manifold, 2.25'' outlet into full through system
CAI with K&N filter
225-45-14 Toyo's
700Kg

??

Tell me then...what parts came off a Pulsar?

Block...nope - Almera GTi
Crank...nope - Almera GTi
Rods...nope - Eagle (Aftermarket)
Pistons...nope - S14 200sx SR20DET engine
Gasket...nope - Cometic (Aftermarket)
Oil Pump...nope - S14 200sx SR20DET engine
Head Studs...nope - ARP (Aftermarket)
Mains Studs...nope - ARP (Aftermarket)
Crank Girdle...nope - P10 Primera eZX
Sump...nope - P10 Primera eZX
Cylinder Head...nope - P10 Primera eZX
Fuel Injectors...nope - S15 Silvia SR20DET engine
Wiring Loom...nope - part Almera GTi, part P10 Primera eZX, part K11 Micra L
MAF...nope - Z32 300zx TT
Camshafts...nope - JWT (aftermarket)

The list goes on and on.

The only items that have anything to do with a real Pulsar, i.e came off a Pulsar or were intended for a Pulsar were the ECU (Mine's unit i.e. aftermarket) and the throttle body (which is modified to fit anyways).

Look at it this way...

My Wife is an artist. If she takes the styles of Picasso and adds it to the one painting, does that make it a Picasso...nope.

CASE SWEAR EVADING IS NOT TOLERATED CLOSED!!!

Sorry, but it gets to me when people say it is a Pulsar engine.

kristian said:
Have you read my thread on my conversion.. how would you rate the performance of mine off the top of your head..
est 1/4 mile, 0-60 time?

SR20DE Highport eGT block and box, standard internals,
Iridium plugs
P/S + W pumps removed
Blitz 0.9mm performance Ht leads,
4,2,1 mandrel bent Stainless manifold, 2.25'' outlet into full through system
CAI with K&N filter
225-45-14 Toyo's
700Kg

??

I would forget about the Blitz HT leads and then you will easily run into the 14's, provided you can get the car to launch. As for the 0-60...6's, maybe even 5's.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. You also want to modify the header so the collector goes into a 2.5" section and then run a 2.5" system to the back. 2.25" looses power over the 2.5" on the SR20...proven fact!!!

Dave - the Almera GTi is an N15.

The only place in the world the N15 was called an almera is Europe. Everywhere else it was called a Pulsar - the 3 door more commonly a Lucino. And guess what Pulsars and Lucinos quite often came with? SR's. SR18DE's, SR20DE's (highports in the N15's) and also SR16VE in the VZ-R. Various other vehicles in japan had various variety of SR's as well, highport, lowport, VE's DET's.

All those specs you list - you've essentially taken a heap of parts built yourself a JDM SR20DET with aftermarket goodies. Most of the stuff you've grabbed from other engines isn't specific to that particular model but features in another JDM car. All nissan SR exhaust valves are sodium filled. The DET's have larger exhaust valves than the DE's, the dizzy and ingition systems are all essentially the same, etc. Big whoop? :confused:

but what country do we live in..?

do we all drive march's because they the JDM ones are?

I see the point you are trying to make Yom I think.. but in England its an Almera block with P10 eZX head...

NISMO_ALMERA said:
That's actually the guy (Walter Van Gool) that I beat in the final of the USSC.

We have a set agreement that times don't count, rather who is across the finish line first.

The score is currently 3-1 to me...LOL!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. On the race in which the car lost, I wasn't driving. Does that count then???

Where you pictured in Septembers issue of REDLINE car magazine? they had a Micra that won the USSC comp with a picture and a trophy (Y)

Yom said:
Dave - the Almera GTi is an N15.

The only place in the world the N15 was called an almera is Europe. Everywhere else it was called a Pulsar - the 3 door more commonly a Lucino. And guess what Pulsars and Lucinos quite often came with? SR's. SR18DE's, SR20DE's (highports in the N15's) and also SR16VE in the VZ-R. Various other vehicles in japan had various variety of SR's as well, highport, lowport, VE's DET's.

All those specs you list - you've essentially taken a heap of parts built yourself a JDM SR20DET with aftermarket goodies. Most of the stuff you've grabbed from other engines isn't specific to that particular model but features in another JDM car. All nissan SR exhaust valves are sodium filled. The DET's have larger exhaust valves than the DE's, the dizzy and ingition systems are all essentially the same, etc. Big whoop? :confused:

I'm aware that the Almera GTi is the N15 chassis.

I see your point though bud...but let's not fall out out it. After all, it's just a thread.

Just for the record though, not all SR series exhaust valves are sodium filled. Cut open a RR exhaust valve and you will find no sodium core.

As for size, there are many variants, but generally are all the same size but different lengths!

Who cares what kind of engine it is...it's an SR20 and it gets the job done...LOL!

Spike said:
Where you pictured in Septembers issue of REDLINE car magazine? they had a Micra that won the USSC comp with a picture and a trophy (Y)

Yip, that's me.

Cheers

Dave

NISMO_ALMERA said:
I would forget about the Blitz HT leads and then you will easily run into the 14's, provided you can get the car to launch.

Whats wrong with the blitz Ht leads?

NISMO_ALMERA said:
P.S. You also want to modify the header so the collector goes into a 2.5" section and then run a 2.5" system to the back. 2.25" looses power over the 2.5" on the SR20...proven fact!!!

Have u got a link to some info in this?

cheers

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Just for the record though, not all SR series exhaust valves are sodium filled. Cut open a RR exhaust valve and you will find no sodium core.

Cheap #######s!

No wonder the yanks despise the RR heads!

Back