2 Litre conversion

well people since discovering Dave bulls "little bandit" its made me wonder whats needed to drop a 2L lump into my K11... i'm thinking of taking an easier route by using an already FWD 2L... like a primera or Sunny GTI-R engine... the latter is my prefered choice... any help would be mega:D i'm taking it off the road to do this as i've just got my hands on a k12 drop top :D lol...:k10:
*needpics*

Isn't the GTI-R 4 wheel drive? Your best bet i reckon is the SR20DE then turbo it. Far easier said than done!

Obviously, but the gearbox then wouldn't be suitable unless the RWD shaft is taken out?

When people refer to conversions, i assume they mean the engine and box together, not acquiring bits from two different cars!

Indeed both boxes are otherwise very similar, and share the same gear set (RS5F50)

The almera GTi lump/box is pretty good, but is a lowport version. Dave used a GTi block with a highport head and got some good gains both N/A and turbocharged. You might as well start with a N/A FWD highport lump, either a Primera GT/eGT or a Sunny GTi.
Dont faff about with a GTiR SR20DET as you have a lot more to contend with. A non-turbo SR20 in a micra will still be fast as hell.

Back