K11 throttle body help please?

CMF_dobbyboy

» CMF Member
Hi All

I've just purchased a 1998 micra ally 1.0 litre as a cheap runnerbout.Car is in good condition apart from yesterday when it started juddering whilst pulling away or driving along.i've cleaned breather pipes, checked and soldered the throttle body contacts as supplied on the forum. However the car is still the same.i drove it home and the throttle pedal died on me in every gear and car stalled. I'm guessing from feedback it needs a throttle body is needed anywhere cheaper to purchase one in the uk. I've shopped about in motortrade and cheapest is £300!!!!!. Any ideas would be much welcome please.

CMF_dobbyboy

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"is it worse since you soldered it dobbyboy ?

frank

Hi Frank

Well i would say its about the same, i gave it a good blast down the road once the engine was warm and it seemed fine. Then the trottle pedal decided to not work as i was going up a bank. Feels like its under/over fueling. I've seen new throttle bodies on ebay £95 2 year warranty no surcharge, which sounds good. I'll strip the throttle body down at work tommorow n clean but my guess is its that circuit board in the housing?. Bloody cars lol

CMF_dobbyboy

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"i've still got my old CG13 one, the only thing bad is the idle adjust bolt. you can probably piece both together and make a good one. i can have it sent to you for $380 AUD

Hi

Thanks but i've just fitted a new one from ebay got one for £95 new with 2 years warranty has fixed the fault. Apart from now when i dip the clutch the revs are a slighlty high aprox 1500 rpm then drop to idle. i adjusted the free play on throttle cable maybe i need to loosen and possibly adjust idle screw? Any ideas

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dobbyboy WROTE:
when i dip the clutch the revs are a slighlty high aprox 1500 rpm then drop to idle. i adjusted the free play on throttle cable maybe i need to loosen and possibly adjust idle screw? Any ideas

there,s a process described in haynes for setting the idle dobbyboy,
you disconnect the t/p/s then blip the throttle, then set the tickover with the air bleed screw (black plastic allen screw on the o/s/r corner, then refit the t/p/s

frank

Back