K11 STARTS BUT STALLS SOON AFTERWARDS

CMF_micrafun2

» CMF Member
Pls could someone help!
K11 1997 1000cc starts easily, but stalls in stop start traffic. What do I need to check out?

Danny

PS In the past, this car has flooded easily and refused to start. After the plugs were cleaned, it started and worked fine for many months afterwards.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
the dizzy is a non serviceable part. theres not really anything you can do unless you change the ignition system. in my time of owning micras ive been through so many of them! if you can restart your car after it stalls, its probably the afm. When a dizzy fails, usually the car cannot be restarted until the dizzy has cooled. if youre stuck in traffic and the dizzy fails, route the windscreen washer lines to spray water on the dizzy. this will help it cool. once a dizzy has failed once, get rid of it. The afm can be cleaned with a contact cleaner or the brake cleaner in a spray pack. if that doesnt work, do the soldering.

CMF_cory

» CMF Member
I am having a similar issue with one of my micras. was thinking it is the crank angle sensor heating up but am not sure.

Problem sounds close to the same although I can drive farther and it generally has issues when it is warm out.

What is the "afm" ?

Back