k11 starting problem

Hi hope someone can help please..
I have a micra k11 facelift registered 2000. It has 133063 on the clock. It has a very odd issue i will try to explain. When i go out to the car and i haven’t started it since the day before it will fire up and run like a dream. Now if i use the car to go to local shop 2 min away it is hellish to start again. Now if i use it to go to work 10 mile away it’s the same. It appears to only like starting once a day.. i have replaced all spark plugs. Oil and filter changed. Fuel filter changed. None of which seem to have made any difference. Its odd as its not a hot issue or a cold issue well not to me. any help would be grateful

when the engines stone cold it runs very rich and fast idles. if its run for a very short period before turning off and the block is barely warm, the rich fuel mixture floods the cylinders and stays there (normally the hot engine would evapourate the fuel quickly). starting her shortly afterwards, it injects more rich fuel into the already flooded cylinder, fouls the spark plug and its too wet to fire up now.
when you leave it over afew hours/day the fuel slowly vapourised out enough to startup again.

so tip is to always let a cold engine warm up for afew more mins before shutting down

i faulty ecu temp sensor could also exaggerate the coldstart richness and make it likely to cold flood as well as run too rich generally and lower mpg.
take out the 2-pin coolant sensor and check its reading within spec.

take off the dizzy cap n wirebrush the white oxide off cos it will weaken the spark and affect firing up during startup

yeah mate you were spot on with thw dizzy gave it a good clean and also decided to do a coolant change... and she starts every time no problem... the down side is i hade a pre mot done and it needs a load off welding and alot off parts to pass the garadge said its not worth the money. he quoted aprox 600.00 and thats him doing it as cheep as he can.. new front x member.. and so on.. never mind ... thanks for your advice mate

i always find turning the ignition on and waiting 5 secs ie i hear the fuel pump start up and finish guarantees a 1st time start ive had a number that if i dont wait i have to crank over and crank over for ages and i the end either drain the battery or have to walk away :(

yeah mate i tend to wait till the pump finishes then give it a turn over.. she is runing like a dream since doing the dizzy and coolant change... pity about the rust.. but i do hope to have this fixed.. i have had five k11 cars and one k12 car. and went back to the k11

Back