k11 rear shocks

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
can anyone tell me if it is possible to use the standard shocks on the k11 as shortened shocks by moving bushes around? or any other way possible?

with the sleeve/collar ontop :)

shock.jpg

so if i weld a washer further down the shaft what does it usually sit, iv replaced shocks before but never payed much atention lol

i see, so if i cut, change sthe springs the shocker would stick further through the hole anyway, and i stick a washer and a sleeve on to take up the slack in the shocker mountings?

you can only cut 1 coil off the back with the stock shocks (and keep them captive)
thats why many of us use the shorter corsa shocks :)

how far does it drop it cutting 1 coil off the back? and do you know how far it drops the front putting matiz springs on the standard shocks?

how far does it drop it cutting 1 coil off the back? and do you know how far it drops the front putting matiz springs on the standard shocks?
here,s my misses,s white pre-face with matiz rears on the front and about 1.5 coils off the back

k11.jpg

I'm confused as too why you have too weld it if your using a sleeve??

you have to weld a stopper washer on the damper shaft which restraints the shaft up against the rubber mount beneath the chassis. the extension sleeve enables the original nut to push down and preload/squeeze the upper & lower rubber mounts against the chassis.

when the wheel hits a bump, the damper oil tries to resist movement between the shaft and damper body (rate of bounce) by transmitting some of the upwards shock energy to the shaft, which should then travel through the lower rubber mount via the lip edge of the shaft and then to the chassis panel.

the upper rubber mount/cup, sleeve & nut restrains the shaft on the downstroke, allowing the shaft to resist tension when the wheel's travelling down so the damper resists 'rebound'.

without that lip or welded washer, whenever the suspension travels up, the shaft and upper mount/nut will just shoot up offering no 'bounce' dampening at all. then the coil spring bounces back and the shaft comes crashing back down against the chassis.
this lack of 'bounce' dampening will not only damage the damper and chassis but also causes seriously dangerous handling issues.

Back