K11 Rally Brake Set Up

Hello:)

This is my first ever MSC post. So Hello fellow Micraists. I've just bought a 1litre Micra with the intentions of slowly building her into a Stage Rally Car. I've been Co-driving for several years now and when the misses said she'd buy me a project for my upcoming 30th:mad: I knew it had to be a Micra.

So last week I spent a massive 14,000p's (yes £140;)) on a 1 litre Micra. She's a 3 door non sunroof model. And that is all I know so far. I've seen a few photos and that is it at present. Its currently sat in between 3 other fully fledged stage cars somewhere in South Wales at a mates lockup.

Now as this is going to be a slow build as and when money allows (Upcoming wedding is not helping) I'm looking at doing the build in stages. Firstly, I'd like to tackle the brakes as she may get used for a Road Rally or two before being fully stripped. What is the current set up favoured by you fellow rally guys. The car is going to be used for Tarmac. Mainly SV's in Wales, Pembrey, Caerwent etc.

Cheers in advance
Paul

Yep bolt on direct fit, only mod is to fit x2 washers between the hub and caliper carrier. Best way to do it is get calipers and caliper carriers from a scrap car, and then fit new discs and pads. I use EBC Ultimax black for road rallies, work well for me, on stage events i use EBC Yellows, but these have to be custom made for me by EBC.

Custom made Yellows are cheaper than Mintex 1144's....

100NX is fine, very similar set-up, just the almera setup is cheaper to buy and run.

Custom made Yellows are cheaper than Mintex 1144's....

100NX is fine, very similar set-up, just the almera setup is cheaper to buy and run.

Cheaper to Buy and Run is music to my ears. Unfortunately. Hopefully my 6 numbers come up tomorrow and then I wont mind so much ;)

Out of interest, do you mind me asking how much you pay for the custom EBC pads? Just a ball park figure will do. Also how many events are you getting out of a set of tarmac pads?

Apologies for all the questions.

Cheaper to Buy and Run is music to my ears. Unfortunately. Hopefully my 6 numbers come up tomorrow and then I wont mind so much ;)

Out of interest, do you mind me asking how much you pay for the custom EBC pads? Just a ball park figure will do. Also how many events are you getting out of a set of tarmac pads?

Apologies for all the questions.
Two stages events, so far out of them so far and hopefully one event out of them. Can't remember exact cost but in the £60 + VAT + P&P ballpark.

Last edited:
Also brake cooling ducting like this helps

mmfp_0707_08_z+2007_steeda_Q335_mustang+brake_cooling_ducts.jpg

Back