K11 Race Prep

Hi everyone First time here im getting my car ready for sprint racing standard road going class next year im going with a friend who is using an old rover mini i was wondering if any of you can give me some advise on how to get that little bit more out of my car any advise would be greatly appreciated

Well...what are the regulations and is it a 1litre 1.3?Anyway...a good start is breathing mods like a 4-2-1 manifold a free flow filter or some kind of free flow kit that suits you..you could also go for higher compression by skimming the head i believe porting is not allowed in leages like f1000 but there you go..some wilder cams would help if you have a 1litre you could do 1.3 litre cams(which have more lift) or you could go for aftermarket cams from reprofiling yours to plug and play cams from matt humphre..suspension wise there are so many options that you should better try searching and see what suits you...

I am doing much the same thing. I would suggest :
1. Your safety gear
2. Suspension set-up
3. Tyres
4. Basic power mods
5. Go mental
But what you do is entirely down to you.

There's quite a lot you can do in Roadgoing Series Production. Nothing that says you can't port the head for example. Make sure you read the blue book and keep asking around, I'd be interested to see how other sprint Micras get on.

By that I mean as it's road going it will need an MOT so you'll need to keep a CAT for emissions. All interior trim must remain apart from floor mats. Induction is free busy must remain as the manufacture intended so carbs would be a no but throttle bodies maybe as that would still be injection?? Suspension is the same to be manufacture spec so no coilovers on the rear. It would be best to get hold of a scrutineer and have a word :) if you've not got ur heart set on that class modify away. These cars response well to a bit of tuning and hillclimb and sprints I find are a hell of a lot of fun! Keep us updated eh :)

mines a 1.4 (have checked the bore at 1395 ) it pulls out 87 bhp from a dyno ive run im going up against a 975 rover mini with a 1275 head just wanting to make sure im getting all i can from the car before i hit the circuit

For road classes I think you can only change exhaust from manifold back and just basic intake mods, suspension must be of standard type but safety mods are allowed iirc

Back