K11 Pre-Facelift Stereo Advice

Hi all.

I am hoping to install a more modern stereo into my 1994 Pre-facelift. However I've noticed multiple threads and videos (mostly on post facelifts ) which mention 2 problems I would love some help with.

1. Harness Adapter - I think my car has it's stock headunit so which adapter ( a link would be amazing) would I need for a more modern Pioneer stereo ( aux line usb etc )

2. Aerial - Is this the earth connector on my car? and do i need an adapter (if so can someone link me one PLEASE )

i fitted a pioneer cd player to my 94 slx, just worked out the wires and reused the original block by cutting off the new pioneer one, easy enough as long as you make all your connections very good, are you familiar with the wires side by side and solder method? the aerial is an earth, though i chose to earth the unit to the body as well....... recently went back to a stock original tape player :)

Would prefer to just use adapters where possible, not fancying learning to solder on the car. Been half tempted to find a decent car audio place and get them involved.

Back