k11 power figures

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
just taken inspiration from another thread i thought we could run a table for the power of any K11's in the club. ill be getting mine run soon but waiting to get my ported inlet manifold on and some other bits and pieces.

yeah thats fine, but if someone says "my car is more powerful then yours, dyno proves it" Im gonna slap em.

If you wanna argue, take it to the track, fastest man wins

Plus you lot get silly figures which are calculated @ flywheel. How does the computer how much frictional losses are made through the wheels, gearbox & clutch?

59 bhp is more than enough said:
WHAT PART OF POWER FIGURES ONLY DONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND. if this carries on can mods just delete this thread.

we do undertstand power figures. and it seems better then you. Each dyno is widly different, and things like ambient temp make a difference. By all means put up a 'board' of figres. We are just saying, trying to make comparisons is practically impossble.

Alienfish360 said:
Unless they're 1/4 times :D or 0-60 times done accurately :D

but still..they arnt fair. weather conditions.track surface,tyres used,driver capability...

True. I guess there's no accurate way to compare cars =/

Unless all cars are done on the same day on the same dyno in a controlled enviroment.

MSC dyno meet anyone :D

Alienfish360 said:
True. I guess there's no accurate way to compare cars =/

Unless all cars are done on the same day on the same dyno in a controlled enviroment.

MSC dyno meet anyone :D

if the msc cover the cost of my dyno run... and a big mac meal :p

i give up!

Ian said:
we do undertstand power figures. and it seems better then you. Each dyno is widly different, and things like ambient temp make a difference. By all means put up a 'board' of figres. We are just saying, trying to make comparisons is practically impossble.

who said anything about comparing them, you dont know me or have the faintest idea what i do or do not know about dynos. i tried to do something productive but i should of known better. besides i said nothing about people not understanding power figures. i actually said "what do people not understand about power figures only" which is merely stating that i did say THREE time not to post unless its figures. I also said that it would be just out of interest.

For general interest many of the Formula 1000 Micras have been tested on John Hardmans rolling road in Saltney. Power measured at the wheels ranged from 46bhp to 51bhp with the bonnet closed. Most are around the 49bhp mark & the one which gave 51 had just had a top end rebuild so had good seal on valve seats etc. Changing exhaust makes a small difference & running on Optimax gave no additional benefit.
TD

Induction kit, so yes a K&N or similar but manifolds must remain standard. Exhaust free from the exit of the manifold back. We actually choose to run the standard air filter assembly - it draws cool air from the front of the car & stops the engine sucking in water as long as a flap is fitted under the intake pipe. They do so well in rallies because of the good suspension and the lack of power means they have to be driven hard.

Back