k11 micra ally 1.0 without p.a.s?

hello,i've just bought an October 1998 k11 micra ally 1.0 16valve.i noticed the steering seemed heavy at low speeds,for a small car.apparently it's a base model;so no power-steering.i'm thinking it may have a dysfunctional p.a.s system.where is the p/steering fluid reservoir located;if there is one? all views/advice appreciated.regards

The power steering reservoir is near the top left hand strut as you look into the engine bay from the front of the car.
Also you should be able to see the PAS pump. A car as small as a micra doesn't really need PAS but if your steering is really bad you may need your tracking sorted

looking at car from front look towards the red arrow in pic
power.jpg

p.a.s

hi,thanx your replies.no reservoir present.checking tyre pressures next.car is heavier than k10 cos of side crumple-bars/zones so mpg will be lower than k10.regards

The ally doesnt have p/s, my old 1.0 ally refused to do less than 40mpg and lord knows i tried haha.

ally p.a.s

hi thanx again your replies.my 1.2 k10 did 60mpg combined.my 1.0 k11 does about same.i never exceed 60mph;don't thrash little cars.no p.a.s established.tyres look o.k but will have them & tracking checked.fire service had it b4 me;so well maintained etc.

I get a massive 47MPG out of my Micra, this includes some high speed driving and changing gear at 6000RPM
If I drive sensibly I get 55MPG

how do i know what the MPG is on my k11?... coz i had put £20 in on petrol and i went birmingham from manchester and back and the petrol needle was completely down at the end when i got home. is that bad? i've been told there ment to be good on petrol on motoways?

how do i know what the MPG is on my k11?... coz i had put £20 in on petrol and i went birmingham from manchester and back and the petrol needle was completely down at the end when i got home. is that bad? i've been told there ment to be good on petrol on motoways?

Use ure noggin lol.

One way is to mark where the fuel needle is next time your tank is pretty much empty, fill it up to the brim, note down how much petrol you put in and reset the trip counter when you set off. Then when the fuel level is down to the same level again have a look at your trip counter then do this equation:

Miles on trip counter/(Litres of fuel used to fill up/4.546)=MPG

yours is a facelift, PAS wasn't common on the prefacelifts.

I think the Nainy's K11 is a facelift seeing as its a 98' model. My 98' Facelift K11 also doesnt have PAS, I think they were an option on the ally.

* SORRY - Just realised this is quite an old thread, not entirley sure how I ended up here.

Back