K11 lowering newbie lol

hey all I have a k11 micra 5 door I'm looking to lower it however it's already been lowered 30mm all round but I'm looking for a set of coil overs or maybe even more lows what can I use ? Or need ? I dnt fancy paying £400 odd for coil overs really lol

Yeah you can use Corsa B coilovers, nice and cheap but they do need some slight modification to fit a K11. I can't quite remember exactly but it's been discussed quite a few times on here so you'll find some stuff with a search.

Hope this helps :)

I have Corsa B Coilovers in mine. You need to file/ream/drill the holes on the bottoms of the front legs out from M10 (Corsa) to M12 (K11), not difficult but a bit time consuming with a file!
Same with the rear lower mounting holes; they need to be drilled to go onto the M12 stud on the micra.
The corsa front legs are short as ****...I had to make up two 12mm spacers and put them between the top of the strut and the bottom of the turret so the shell of the car is sitting on the spacers, which then sit on the top of the suspension unit. Not sure what other people do but I had to open up the black mounting plate thing with the rubber bush in it and take the K11 strut out and put the corsa one in. If you open the bonnet and look into the top of each strut you'll see a big nut at the top buried in a rubber bushing; that bit.

The rear corsa B Springs are a beehive shape, but the K11 ones are cylindrical. I have the corsa springs put in my retainers but they foul the body of the car when they're compressed beyond a certain point and make a pretty horrible sound so I'm considering just going back to the standard micra rear springs and cutting them down, which I believe is what most do. There's a sticky on here somewhere that's the go-to!

I also been told u can just cut the coils off the lowering springs I have on already to get more lows if that right ? Also can I cut all the springs all round back and front ?

If you don't want to have to modify anything. That is the set to go for. I would highly recommend it. The shocks make a massive difference and joined with the springs it's great. Hope this helps you :)

Make sure you keep all springs captive....If you take to much of the rear you'll need shorter shocks on the rear from a corsa

Matiz rear 30mm lowering springs on your front shocks will give a nice drop between 50-60mm I believe

Also any lower than 30mm you will need an adjustable panhard rod

If you cut your springs do it safely, quickly and don't let them get to hot as said above coil by coil to keep all corners level and you can cut more of you cant put more height back in them there is a full guide on here :) x

Back