K11 inner CV splines 1.0 and 1.3

Hi,

just signed up to this forum as I am in the process of a cg13 swap into my Austin mini

Basically I have a cg13 and g/b and shafts, the outer side of the shaft has 22 splines.
BUT mini outer cv's have 19 splines, I read that the 1.0 pre 98 micra shafts had 19 just like the mini
and the shafts fit straight into mini outer cv's which is brilliant, but my question is, if I get hold of a
set of shafts from a pre 98 1.0 will they fit into the 1.3 inner cv's? if not will the 1.0 inner cv's fit into the 1.3 gearbox? if so then I can get the 1.0 shafts and all ill need to do is get them shortened, welded n sleeved.

Thanks,
Jonathan

oh are they? what about the inner cv splines? like where the shaft goes. so is there no way to use 1.0 pre face shafts with a 1.3?
thanks again

oh are they? what about the inner cv splines? like where the shaft goes. so is there no way to use 1.0 pre face shafts with a 1.3?
thanks again
No. Fatter shafts mate, i think i would weld the inboard facelift spider onto the mini shaft personally. Then slide the facelift c/v on

ah ok, and spider? sorry whats that lol. only problem is the mini shafts are fatter than the facelift shafts! so would need to get them machined down.

ah ok, and spider? sorry whats that lol. only problem is the mini shafts are fatter than the facelift shafts! so would need to get them machined down.
this bit :) welding this onto the mini shaft will probably be stronger and run true-er than cut-n-shutting

PB290176.JPG

ahh I seeee.. so would I just take the spider out of the inner cv of micra then put it on the end of mini shaft and what, just run a bead of weld all the way around it?
because I don't think the mini shaft will go into it so it would be on the very tip of the shaft? also I thought you couldn't get those things out without removing the shaft first? so if its welded will I still be able to get the cv on to it? like not enough of an angle with a shaft sticking out of it?

sorry don't know much about driveshafts in cv joints lol
thanks

the inboard c/v is retained by a big circlip around the inside of the pot, so yes you can still dismantle it if welded :)

hi frank, been thinking about this the last couple of days, the thing is, i think the shafts will be the wrong size as the micra engine will probably be more to one side than where the mini engine was, so one shaft will be too small and the other too long! i know l jones another guy here and over on the mini forum just got the micra shafts shortened and welded as the pre face 1.0 micra shaft goes stragiht into a mini cv! but he is using the 1.0 box though! thanks again

i know l jones another guy here and over on the mini forum just got the micra shafts shortened and welded as the pre face 1.0 micra shaft goes stragiht into a mini cv! but he is using the 1.0 box though! thanks again

Mine was a complete 1998 facelift 1.0 micra. the engine and box went in as they where and the shafts just needed to be shortened
A few months later I swapped the gear box for a 1.3 box and retained the 1.0 inner CV joints and shafts, it was a straight swap.

Back