K11 headunit removal

Hi Folks.

I'm new to the forum so go easy if i'm asking a stupid question :blush:

I've recently been given a little 94 reg 1.0L K11 by the inlaws and the head unit is Knackered. I've got a new one waiting to go in but i can't seem to get the old Blaupunkt unit out :doh:
There doesn't seem to be any slots or holes to put removal keys into and it feels really secure in the dash.

Any tips? :(

Thanks

Edit. just realised i own a K11 :blush:

there's some guides somewhere so I'd do a search if I were you. Basically early K11's are pop the ashtray out, whip the four screws out, take the panel off revealing the headunit bolted into the dash frame. There's debate as to the best way to fit the aftermarket one but I've fitted loads to the removable bit of the dash fitted the european style (ie using the cage rather than the nissan brackets). Make sure you earth the unit properly.

there's some guides somewhere so I'd do a search if I were you. Basically early K11's are pop the ashtray out, whip the four screws out, take the panel off revealing the headunit bolted into the dash frame. There's debate as to the best way to fit the aftermarket one but I've fitted loads to the removable bit of the dash fitted the european style (ie using the cage rather than the nissan brackets). Make sure you earth the unit properly.

No wonder it felt really secure when i was trying to remove it.
The search button will be my friend from now on :grinning:

Thanks mate.

Back