K11 gearbox advice needed.

Hi everyone.

I'm a newbie to this sort of thing (and quite old) so please be gentle with me. I've got a 97 Mitsuoka Viewt 1.3 with a CVT box. The box has just started to make some metallic screeching noises and my suspicions are that it may not last too much longer. I would imagine it would be horrifically expensive to repair/replace and am considering all the options. I reckon the most practical solution is to change it to a manual box buy buying a suitable damaged/MOT failed 1.3 K11 and just swapping the bits. Time is not an issue neither is space. If any one has any different suggestions, I'm all ears as I've had this 'Viewty Tooty' a while and am very keen to hang on to it for a long time to come.
R38 001.jpg
R38 003.jpg R38 004.jpg R38 004.jpg R38 003.jpg R38 001.jpg
Very many thanks chaps .

hi rhumaticube :) a couple of members have done the transplant before (joe southgate and mckenzie cz iirc, and a guy on micra.com.au too)

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for the info. Looks like a relatively straight forward sort of job if a bit time consuming. Am now looking for a donor vehicle, should anyone know of a modest motor to do the job then please let me know and we may be able to exchange a load of beer tokens. However, if anyone would kindly like to take on this project to save me getting my hands dirty, I'm all ears.

trans 001.jpg trans 002.jpg

Many thanks.

Back