K11 front wheel bearing

Hi all sorry if in wrong place but i have a 1.0 1994 k11 and i want too try doing my front wheel bearing myself (quite handy) is there a how to or anything, or can someone give me a step by step and also what tools i may require if possible,

thanks for looking

Mark

If you have access to a decent vice you won't need a press, I have changed possibly hundreds of wheel bearings with just a vice, often I have managed it without the vice but it helps.

Roger.

loosen hub nut, disconnect track rod end and bottom ball joint, remove brake caliper housing and then remove disc. remove two bolts that connect the hub to shocker (21mm or 18mm cant remember) and thats your hub ready to have bearing pressed out and then reverse to fit back together

I'm not sure if this applies to Micras, but there may well be a circlip holding the bearing in place. I should say be sure to use circlip pliers to take it out, but again I have found a couple of long screwdrivers will do the job.

Roger.

sorry to hack this thread.

are they easy job to do diy work? btw i am strong guy who can break anything lol. is it possible?

As Franks said the hardest part is freeing the hub nut. Its best slackened off first when the cars on the ground in one piece, you'll need a breaker bar & some pipe if you value your knuckles!

i got everything (my uncle got it) so i can remove these hub nuts out but i want to know how can i change new wheel bearings? thanks jk

Back